April 17, 2014, 12:38:41 PM

Author Topic: A positive feedback for 6D  (Read 14918 times)

M.ST

Re: A positive feedback for 6D
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 06:45:40 AM »
Re to Marsu42

Canon told me at the Photokina that only the center crosstype AF point has a -3 ev sensitivity.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 06:45:40 AM »

Octavian

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 08:54:57 AM »
I didnt think it was but it seems it is...

Compatible with UHS-I cards

Type
Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera

Recording Media
SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card

* Compatible with Ultra High-Speed (UHS-I) memory cards.

Image Format
35.8mm x 23.9mm (Full-Frame)

RLPhoto

• 1D X
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 10:56:37 AM »
Someone tested 6D on photokina and it seems the AF is not bad at all :D
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1150348

Not surprising, But is it worth more $$$ over the MK2? That is the question.  :o
24LII - 50L - 135L
---------------------------------
www.RamonLperez.com

Marsu42

• 1D X
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »
Canon told me at the Photokina that only the center crosstype AF point has a -3 ev sensitivity.

Yeah, though to - so much for the "-3ev needs larger af points that cannot be cross sensors" argument :-(

bdunbar79

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 11:21:15 AM »
Someone tested 6D on photokina and it seems the AF is not bad at all :D
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1150348

Not surprising, But is it worth more $$$ over the MK2? That is the question.  :o

Perhaps not.  I think it's more or less just an updated 5D Mark II for those that do not have FF.

xps

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »
For me it was a shame today. My 60D and my wifes 7D were not able to track the running deer. no one of the photos are really sharp. iso auto, 1/400s. My friends shot ARE sharp and still looking goog, despite the Iso was more then 3200.

Dissatisfying. Why does Canon not respond to that "threatning"?
A 3D will surely be between 300-600 Euros. Much to expensive.

@ Marsu42: Ever been @ Garmisch? or Bad Tölz?

Marsu42

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »
For me it was a shame today. My 60D and my wifes 7D were not able to track the running deer.

Don't know about the 7d, but one brownie point for even attempting to track something with the 60d ... the only thing the servo af is good for is to track something that is running directly towards or away from you at constant speed, and it'd better be something very large so all af points can cover it.

@ Marsu42: Ever been @ Garmisch? or Bad Tölz?

Nope, /me from Berlin, and Prussians don't fraternize with the Bavarian arch-enemy ... we do take your money though if pressed :-> ... and isn't Garmisch northern Italy already :-> ... yeah, I could go on, now you see why I've never been there, I'd have a hard time dodging punches.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »

arioch82

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • flickr account
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2012, 03:06:49 PM »
has any of you actually read that "test/review/comment"? is ridicolous, it doesn't mean anything

6. The result was blowing away my mind. The confirmation with 50mm 1.4 came immediatelly! The focus set perfect and I first could see what I shot on the screen! I did this maybe 10-15 times, turned the camera to the side and did a portrait of a backlit visitor sitting half in the darkness. Focus was perfect. The 5D II in compare was surching, surching, surching. It did not confirm. I repeated the test with the man and it was surching and surching and at least confirmed, too. I shot the pic but I can not say if it found the correct focus, because it was a 1/15th shot wide open and I could not hold it (sorry, I forgott to check the ISO setting). The pic done with the 6D was rasorsharp at ISO 25k.

i cannot believe how many fanboys here are finding excuses for an AF system like that that is what, 10 years old? when nikon on the other side is offering PRO-AF on even their lower-end cameras.
As long as people using canon products won't complain canon will keep using this kind of, sorry for the french, sh*t policy with their new products, not giving a damn of what the offer is like on the other side of the market.
I've always shot canon and probably always will since i like more their lenses but this doesn't mean that canon shouldn't try to offer a camera of the same level of a D600 if it's going to price it the same for instance; canon sensors are already a joke compared to the latest sony ones, they should've at least make some effort on some other aspects (and please don't mention wifi/gps)

My 2c
Canon 5D MkII | EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro | EF 50mm f/1.4 USM | Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD

lucuias

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • Ronnie Chan's Photography
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 11:04:52 PM »
Let's hope 6D has the same iso performance as 5DMark III.Then this camera (6D) will be a good 2nd body complimentary for Canon 5Dmark III

getalife

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
Actually the built-in GPS can be real useful for touristphotographers..

symmar22

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 04:34:54 AM »
+++1
I am in the same trouble as you, I own quite a bit of glass for my 5D2s, and agree fully with you, Canon is on a very bad slope.... The sensors are crap compared to Sony/Nikon, the AF systems are prehistoric, not talking about pre-war light metering or middle-age flash system. The only thing that speaks for Canon is (sorry WAS) their glass, but since years they just release version 2 of what's already existing. Canon Creativity is about zero, Nikon has improved quite a bit on glass and their prices are decent.

If you take the 28mm f2.8, the old version sells for 200 euros when the new one is 650 euros?? 3 times the price for a basic 28mm? New 24-70mm twice the price of the old one? I don't know what kind of drugs they are on at Canon's but it looks pretty strong......

The 6D is not even for sale it already looks like a joke compared to the 600D and guess what ? It's not available; by then the D600 will cost 300 Euro less....

I switched from Nikon when the 5D2 appeared because it was a revolution (sensor speaking), knowing that everything else was worse than my D200 with it's crappy sensor. As I use a tripod 95% of the time I can cope with the drawbacks. The 5D2 was not a revolution, it was a single event. Canon has not been able to release one camera that competes with Nikon since then (except maybe the 7D).

I really think canon takes people for stupid, they release the 6D with an integrated WiFi/GPS combo, but they charge 500 Euro (WiFi) + 250 Euro (GPS) for the 5D3 accessories. In 4 months they made such a technical progress that they could put it in their mid level camera but not in the Pro ones. Not that I think these features have any use in photography, but for the principle.... They just think we are MORONS.
i cannot believe how many fanboys here are finding excuses for an AF system like that that is what, 10 years old? when nikon on the other side is offering PRO-AF on even their lower-end cameras.
As long as people using canon products won't complain canon will keep using this kind of, sorry for the french, sh*t policy with their new products, not giving a damn of what the offer is like on the other side of the market.
I've always shot canon and probably always will since i like more their lenses but this doesn't mean that canon shouldn't try to offer a camera of the same level of a D600 if it's going to price it the same for instance; canon sensors are already a joke compared to the latest sony ones, they should've at least make some effort on some other aspects (and please don't mention wifi/gps)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:53:59 AM by symmar22 »

Marsu42

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 04:48:06 AM »
Not that I think these features have any use in photography, but for the principle.... They just think we are MORONS.

And looking around the Internet, Canon is correct - it's like Homer Simpsons buying a ff camera: "GPS and WiFi? I'll take two!". Doh.

Actually the built-in GPS can be real useful for touristphotographers..

Sure, but let's wait and see how long the battery works w/ gps on and how long it takes to re-acquire a fix if it's been turned off. Personally I carry around a dedicated gps tracker in my pocket with 24h battery life, and afterwards I just attach the gps data to the images - it takes some time, but sure works.

Originally I wanted to buy the Nikon d7000 because Nikon had these external gps options, but then I realized you don't really need them *except* if it had a compass, too, and the gps could log the direction the camera is pointing to, so in combination with the lens focal length you know exactly what area you shot - but the 6d cannot even do that, argh.

I'd really like the 6d to be good or even ok, but except for the wifi control (apps tba) this simply isn't it, it's either too crippled (af, 1/180 x-sync, 1/4000 shutter) or too few features (swivel screen, flash) or imho too expensive esp. considering the competition and the predecessor's current price.

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 04:07:05 PM »
Let's hope 6D has the same iso performance as 5DMark III.Then this camera (6D) will be a good 2nd body complimentary for Canon 5Dmark III
This is def possible. The photo sites on the 6D are larger than the 5DM3 That has always been Canons selling point from the beginning of the Digital FF revolution, larger pixels gather light better. Now its still true but they have packed more pixels on there but have made them gapless keeping it even to the older fewer mp cameras back in the day but now with better sensor and firmware tech. I would bet if it wasn't as good as the 5dM3 that it would be because canon dumbed it down with firmware. We can all use that argument now that they publicly admit that the 1dx and 1dc are exactly the same camera except for the firmware.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 04:07:05 PM »

Axilrod

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2012, 01:30:10 PM »
But most of all - although being the smallest full frame camera in the world - that small body will work good as well.

I take it you haven't seen the Sony RX1?
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

ishdakuteb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »
This is def possible. The photo sites on the 6D are larger than the 5DM3 That has always been Canons selling point from the beginning of the Digital FF revolution, larger pixels gather light better. Now its still true but they have packed more pixels on there but have made them gapless keeping it even to the older fewer mp cameras back in the day but now with better sensor and firmware tech. I would bet if it wasn't as good as the 5dM3 that it would be because canon dumbed it down with firmware. We can all use that argument now that they publicly admit that the 1dx and 1dc are exactly the same camera except for the firmware.

+1 exactly...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »