Canon EOS R1 and EOS R5 Mark II marketing and training has begun with preferred retailers

SonicStudios

R5
CR Pro
Mar 4, 2020
All seriousness aside, even with these rumor announcements and rumor trials, I really think because of continuous world wide manufacturing shortages, both bodies will be limited in purchase availability after the Olympics and as far as the RF 200-500, heck folks still can't get the RF 100-300. We we're promised in December when we purchased the 24-105Z that in March we would be getting the PZ-EZB for our 24-105 Z, March came and went and now its been push till May. This isn't just a Canon issue, other high end photography products like Sony are either limited or back ordered or coming soon as well. I'm starting to think if you see coming soon it really means you might get it within two years.

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2016
All seriousness aside, even with these rumor announcements and rumor trials, I really think because of continuous world wide manufacturing shortages, both bodies will be limited in purchase availability after the Olympics and as far as the RF 200-500, heck folks still can't get the RF 100-300. We we're promised in December when we purchased the 24-105Z that in March we would be getting the PZ-EZB for our 24-105 Z, March came and went and now its been push till May. This isn't just a Canon issue, other high end photography products like Sony are either limited or back ordered or coming soon as well. I'm starting to think if you see coming soon it really means you might get it within two years.
I looked a couple of weeks ago and on the lenses side this seems to be primarily a Canon issue (https://www.canonrumors.com/forum/t...ship-in-june-or-july.43376/page-4#post-990158).
I checked other manufacturer's lenses released in 2023 -- the Nikon 135/1.8 Plena, the Sony 300/2.8 GM and 16-35 GM II, and the Sigma 14/1.4 and 70-200/2.8 DG DN -- and they are all in stock at B&H. The only other one not in stock is the Nikon 180-600.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
This is going to be a difficult moment for those looking to get a new camera this year . You either preorder the R5ii the moment is announced or wait and see what the R1 brings to the table , but missing out on preordering the R5 and getting the message of “preorders exceeded expectations “
I stoped pre ordering over a decade ago. I have not had an issue purchasing anything. Never will I attempt to order something the moment its announced. Already have an R5 and R5C. Absolutely no reason to preorder. When it becomes available locally here in the US, I may purchase it only if it has a stacked sensor. My R5 and R5c work perfectly.

Upvote 0
@Canon Rumors Guy: Any new rumours on the specs of both R1 and R5m2?
I watched some hong kong camera news.
R1 may have 3000 mb/s writing speed to support the newest CFexpress 2TB card.
They said Canon requests the Wise company to release earlier.
At least R1 is the first one to support fastest card.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
This is going to be a difficult moment for those looking to get a new camera this year . You either preorder the R5ii the moment is announced or wait and see what the R1 brings to the table , but missing out on preordering the R5 and getting the message of “preorders exceeded expectations “
Canon has to put some killer features in the R5II in order for me to preorder it.

Rumoured 45Mp don't make me excited, I want more :). Fast electronic shutter might look interesting but still not enough.

Dual gain output with high dynamic range in stills - potentially yes. Or anything that helps landscape photography. Otherwise I'd just upgrade my lenses (EF to RF) instead of upgrading the R5.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

danfaz

Coffee Fiend
Jul 14, 2015
www.1fineklick.com
I stoped pre ordering over a decade ago. I have not had an issue purchasing anything. Never will I attempt to order something the moment its announced. Absolutely no reason to preorder.
Well, that depends on what you want. If you didn't pre-order a 24-105Z or 10-20 f/4, 100-300 f/2.8. etc., you still can't get one now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
Been a very quiet year so far for Canon.

Maybe its because the avalanche of lenses and bodies from other oems haven't left their marketing much room to breathe. Every other manufacturer is dropping (gear) like its hot. And they are getting tons of great press, load of high quality stuffs. It's been photog christmas wishes practically every week for a few months now..

Or maybe not. Who knows. But marketers sure like clear air to boast thier products.

In the meantime, Im about to trade in this r62 for a panny S5ii. L mount flexibility here I come!

Upvote 0