Canon registers another camera for certification

In their most recent financial documents Canon wrote:

"As for Imaging, starting with cameras, from the second quarter, in addition to the optimization of market inventory, through the enhancement of our EOS R system lineup, we will increase our mirrorless camera ratio, thereby facilitating sales growth.

The second quarter goes through the end of June, so we should be able to see something new fairly soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
We have plenty of big cameras, not a single pocketable, like the M100/M6.
Plenty of big cameras? Is the R5 big? Depends on the point of view. I don't think.
For me, a handholdable camera starts with the 5 D IV, R3 being optimal. There are already plenty of pocketable cameras on the market, all the MFTs, Fuji's APS/Cs, Sony's APS/cs, Canon's R7, R8, R, RP (with RF 28mm ), Leica's Q2 & 3.
Would even smaller Canon cameras make sense? For many, certainly. I surely understand your wishes! :)
But I was only expressing my very personal opinion, since I hate pressing 3 buttons at a time when I want to press only one. my nice little Olympus MFT sleeps unused in a cupboard. The smaller the camera, the more cramped it is. Fine if you have small hands, I don't. And this why I abhor small cameras, and keep hoping for a larger R5 II. (Knowing it won't happen). :cry:

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

P-visie

EOS 5 - R5
CR Pro
Sep 14, 2020
Netherlands
www.p-visie.nl
Could number 5 be the high MP EOS (R5 S)?
This new camera does not have wifi 6 and therefore it seems unlikely to me. I expect that Canon would put wifi 6 in a high megapixel body since this is a camera that will be used in a studio environment and, with bigger file sizes, would benefit from better wifi.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
It'd be great. There are lots of the younger generation of shooters that have never really used a viewfinder as they likely started their journey on their smartphone. I personally never use the EVF on my R50.
I have the removeable EVF for my M6mk2. Rarely do I use it. Carry it along somewhere in the bag just in case.

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2017
I'd love an M6 Mark II with an RF mount (updated to current tech obviously)
Canon was on to something with their non-EVF EOS M cameras and their feature packed G1Xmk3. I just picked up the M6mk2 for street photography because the RP is still too big. If Fuji had figured out their manufacturing issues, I would have picked up the new X100VI.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
This new camera does not have wifi 6 and therefore it seems unlikely to me. I expect that Canon would put wifi 6 in a high megapixel body since this is a camera that will be used in a studio environment and, with bigger file sizes, would benefit from better wifi.
Guess you're right...:cry:

• Sad
Upvote 0
Could number 5 be the high MP EOS (R5 S)?
since it has a lower end WiFi.. at least what Craig and I were batting around was some camera on the low end of the spectrum, otherwise, it should have had WiFI 6 - especially a high MP monster that needs to transmit large files.

Upvote 0