Cosina officially announces the Voigtlander NOKTON RF 75mm f/1.5

Jul 21, 2010
The ‘market share argument’ as you call it, proves that Canons marketshare is stable at around 50% of the ILC market. The claims made in these posts are incorrect (in my opinion it is hard to argue against facts
I suspect people complain about the ‘market share argument’ for precisely that reason. Whether they’ll admit it to themselves or not, they know that Canon’s continued performance means their claims are bogus.

Then, when pushed, they’ll bring up Nokia and Kodak…because somehow they think that citing two examples (from paradigm shifting times) among hundreds of successful companies makes their claims less bogus.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
That Sigma is a great lens but its large and heavy plus it will need an adapter for the RF mount making it even more front heavy. Holding that setup even for a few minutes isn’t fun at all.
Yeah, the Sigma 85 Art is really front heavy on RF mount, I can confirm first hand; I ended up selling it...

...just to buy the even larger 105 f1.4 Art :devilish: now that's a REAL front heavy lens :LOL: but I recently took a 2hrs studio session with it and got no real problems, if one is used to heavy lenses, and uses a battery grip, you can manage those lenses pretty well. The real test will be of course a long hours wedding with it, I'm sure I'll feel it in my arms at the end of the day.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
…if one is used to heavy lenses, and uses a battery grip, you can manage those lenses pretty well.
Most of my lenses are heavy, and even if not especially front-heavy many of them are fairly long and that shifts the center of mass away from the body. I used a battery grip mainly because of the extra mass, and now prefer integrated-grip bodies because they’re more comfortable for me to hold and still balance a heavy lens better.

For me, all-day holding comfort depends more on the balance that the total weight. I’d also add that I find a hand strap helps greatly with that.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2019
900 USD for an all manual 75 mm f/1.5? No thanks. For not much more money you can get a Sigma 85 1.4 in EF mount.
The Voigtländer will be a nice light lens, the VM version is just 350g, the Sigma is 4 times the weight on the RF mount.
Voigtländer IQ is pleasing, Sigma IQ may be good.
I am no more interested in good pictures but in pleasing pictures - and Voigtländer delivers in this regard!

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2019
Ill keep enjoying my r5+m50+m6ii (with SIGMA efm lenses! :cool:) , and planning to get a S5ii so I can enjoy sigma lenses and adapt other stuff, have some flexibility.

Silly canon thinks locking in users their limited choices builds...brand value? It's so weird. I'm glad they finally stated it plainly to the press, so the canon leg humpers in these forums cant speculate their intentions anymore.

That money that would be spent on more canon gear has already gone to sony, and other oems. IT doesn't have to be, but that's canons choice (strategy).

I'd love to buy a canon 50 1.4 replacement, but i cant. So I'll get something else on a L mount body or whatever. Less money for...the market..leader. Yup.

#inb4someonementionscanonismarketleader (n)
Come on, take the Voigtländer 40mm 1.2 instead.

But I do warn you: Danger to fall in love with the consequence to ignore all other glass around the world!

Upvote 0