Nice Price! Refurbished Canon EOS R3 Body $3499 (Reg $4799 retail)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon USA store seems to have some EOS R3 camera bodies to move, you can grab one now for $3499! I don’t think these will last long. As always, all refurbished gear from the Canon USA stores comes with a full 1-year Canon USA warranty. Canon EOS R3 Features Canon EOS R3 Body $3499

See full article...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Me want Canon USA, me not want Canon Europe! :cry:
Goecker in DK has 3 pcs R3 for 30.000DKK - you should be able to get the 25% VAT back as you don't live in Denmark (so 24.000DKK)

Goecker told me that they were from company that had decided to switch to Sony(!). The bodies looked pretty good (I don't need a second body, so I didn't take a closer look).

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Goecker in DK has 3 pcs R3 for 30.000DKK - you should be able to get the 25% VAT back as you don't live in Denmark (so 24.000DKK)

Goecker told me that they were from company that had decided to switch to Sony(!). The bodies looked pretty good (I don't need a second body, so I didn't take a closer look).
Yes, right! I'd get the Danish VAT back, but would be charged 20% TVA by the French customs...
Plus a 1000 km. roadtrip to Denmark and back! The better option for me will be to buy a fully taxed (thus legal) R3, R1 or R 5II from Panamoz. Grey import, but with 3 years warranty.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2014
Not sure paying $4k for a 24mp stacked refurbished device when in a few ticks Canon will release the new 45mp stacked R5II for a few hundred more. In my opinion its simply not a good economical purchase at this point in time. The R5II will be released with functions not presently in the R3. Simply a case of marketing and timing.

Some folks don't want / need 45mp, or they already have an R5 and don't need the mark II version.

Upvote 0

KT

Feb 2, 2012
And the R3 offers the world's best ergonomics. This matters too!
And yes, Eye Control AF!
The R5 Mark II will have the Eye Control AF II, same performance level like what you get in Apple's Vision Pro and far better than what's in the R3. That's only one of many advanced AF features in the R5 II that didn't exist when the R3 was released back in 2021.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
The R5 Mark II will have the Eye Control AF II, same performance level like what you get in Apple's Vision Pro and far better than what's in the R3. That's only one of many advanced AF features in the R5 II that didn't exist when the R3 was released back in 2021.
Are you sure that the R5 Mk2 will have Eye Control AF II? Seems like speculation and honestly it is a feature I would happily live without on either the R5 Mk2 or the R1. On the R3 the Eye Control AF never worked with eye glasses unless one use the R3 Eye Cup which was a PITA due to the size and it blocking the screen.

Upvote 0

KT

Feb 2, 2012
Are you sure that the R5 Mk2 will have Eye Control AF II? Seems like speculation and honestly it is a feature I would happily live without on either the R5 Mk2 or the R1. On the R3 the Eye Control AF never worked with eye glasses unless one use the R3 Eye Cup which was a PITA due to the size and it blocking the screen.
That was actually stated by a Canon senior manager during an interview with a photography website, I would like to say DPR, but I'm not so sure which one.

They asked him about the response to the Eye Control AF function and he said that Canon were pleased with the response they got from their pros and that they are working on the second generation of the technology that will appear in several bodies, not just the next R1.

Based on that statement, it's almost certain that both the R5 II and R1 will have the newer version of this technology. I can't imagine them holding it till the next R3 II release in 2025

Upvote 0

KT

Feb 2, 2012
Why can[t people understand that the sensor is the only thing that matters? The rest of the camera may as well be a cardboard box. Sheesh, this isn't hard!
I think the AF system is right up there with the sensor, when it comes to the fate of the picture. It's the one system that can make or break your photos.

To me, sensors have crossed an imaginary line sometime around 2012 when we entered an era of diminished return but AF continues to improve with each generation and the benefits are undeniable for those who do sports and action photography.

I don't need to update my camera because the sensor isn't cutting it anymore but I do for the newer generations of AF.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
I think the AF system is right up there with the sensor, when it comes to the fate of the picture. It's the one system that can make or break your photos.

To me, sensors have crossed an imaginary line sometime around 2012 when we entered an era of diminished return but AF continues to improve with each generation and the benefits are undeniable for those who do sports and action photography.

I don't need to update my camera because the sensor isn't cutting it anymore but I do for the newer generations of AF.
Agreed. Improvements in AF is definitely a good reason to consider an upgrade.

Upvote 0