|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Photokina is only 13 days away, and a lot of companies are already announcing their goods for the show. Canon will be announcing a new DSLR, some new lenses and a few PowerShot cameras. We have conflicting reports of when these announcements are being made. We were initially told that the NDA’s expired on September 5, 2014 in Europe. However, a good source tells us they don’t expect to see the EOS 7D Mark II announced until midnight on September 15, 2014, which is a day before Photokina begins. If anyone can shed light as to when the announcements are, please let us know.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specifications
Below is the expected specs of the Canon EOS 7D Mark II, we haven’t had anything to say that these are not the real deal. There could still be some surprises, especially around the sensor.
- Kit lenses: 18-135 IS STM and 15-85 IS (no STM)
- CF, UDMA mode 7 + SD, UHS-I
- GPS is in the camera
- No WiFi
- Fixed LCD, with no touch function.
- 20.2MP APS-C Sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC 6 Processors
- 65 AF points “All Cross-type”. Dual cross on the center point.
- f/8 on center point at least, could be on more points.
- ISO 100-12800, ISO Boost mode 25600 and 51200
- 1080p/720p both get 60fps
- Servo AF for video shooting.
- Anti-flicker mode, eliminates flickers under flickering lights (e.g. fluorescent lamps).
- Spot metering size 1.8%
- Built-in flash
- Mic and headphones connectors
- Can sync time between 7D II cameras.
- Lens electronic MF
- About 100% coverage OVF
- New Battery – LP-E6N
- New Battery Grip BG-E16
It looks like 3 new lenses are coming. Surprisingly we will not be seeing the announcement of the EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS replacement, unless Canon does a “development” announcement.
- EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Pancake
- EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II
New PowerShot Cameras
We can only confirm the announcement of a 1″ sensor camera from Canon that will be about the size of an “S” series camera. There’s a chance we’ll finally see the SX60 HS and a replacement waterproof/shockproof camera.