|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Posting this specification list actually kept up last night (silly right?), as I find some of it too good to be true, but as a few of you mentioned on Twitter, this is a rumors site, not a facts site.
I received this information from two unrelated people, one of which I have had interaction with in the past, and I actually trust neither of them is trolling me in any way. Some of their specifications are slightly different, but they’re still very close.
One of the sources did mention that the camera may be called the EOS R5, and not the EOS RS, as the model name “was hard to see”.
The video specifications only came from one source, and they are insane. These are what really caused me to pause, but hopefully, this post brings some clarification.
Canon EOS RS Specifications:
- 45mp (One source said 40mp)
- 5 stops with IBIS alone
- 7-8 stops of correction when used with in-lens stabilization
- 14fps / 20fps (One source said 12fps / 20fps)
- Scroll wheel added to the back
- No touchbar
- Liveview/Movie toggle like previous EOS DSLRs
- Larger capacity battery, but looks like the LP-E6
- 8K @ 30fps RAW
- 4K @ 120fps
- 4K @ 60fps
- The info I was given about a crop was confusing
- Announcement ahead of CP+ next month
Again, I am a rumor site and a lot of you asked for me to post this information. You guys do a fabulous job of tearing stuff apart, so have a good time with this information.
As I said, I hope this post will bring some further information from other sources.