|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
The next EOS & PowerShot processor
It has been a long time since we spoke about or saw an updated DIGIC processor in a Canon Camera. It seems DIGIC IV has been around for a long time, 2008 to be exact.
I was told today that DIGIC V has been in development for at least 4 years. A lot has changed during its development because of the explosive success of the 5D Mark II and HD video.
Features of the next DIGIC Processor
- Still and video noise reduction that will be industry revolutionary (I like that word)
- The most throughput on the market
- Dynamic range improvements, unknown to what extent
- New video codec. RAW video is unknown, but the throughput will attainable
- New liveview AF abilities, unknown whether that will affect video AF
- New “creative” tools for new DSLR and compact features