DPReview has added lab reports to their first impressions for the brand new EOS Rebel T6s & EOS Rebel T6i.
The new Rebels bring solid image quality improvements to the popular line. Increased resolution (24MP, up from 18MP) makes the T6s and T6i competitive against most APS-C offerings from competitors, and a weak anti-aliasing filter in both models offers the potential for sharp images. Low-light noise performance is also now competitive against peers: better than some offerings while only slightly behind class-leaders. Tie in these considerations with a well-performing JPEG engine that yields pleasing results, and you've got solid performers on the image quality front.
- Canon EOS Rebel T6i $749: Adorama | B&H Photo | Amazon
- Canon EOS Rebel T6i w/18-55 IS STM $899: Adorama | B&H Photo | Amazon
- Canon EOS Rebel T6i w/18-135 IS STM $1099: Adorama | B&H Photo | Amazon
- Canon EOS Rebel T6s $849: Adorama | B&H Photo | Amazon
- Canon EOS Rebel T6s w/18-135 IS STM $1149: Adorama | B&H Photo | Amazon