Venus Optics unveil 8 new & unique Laowa lenses in Photokina, including the 25-100 T/2.9 Professional Cine Lens

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Together with the 4 new lenses showed earlier in Beijing P&E, a total of 12 new Laowa lenses will make their Europe debut in Venus Optics’ booth in Photokina (Hall 2.1, D-040)
Venus Optics, the camera lenses manufacturer who had previously launched a number of unique Laowa camera lenses, is proud to unveil 8 new and unique lenses in Photokina.
Laowa OOOM 25-100mm t/2.9 Cine Lightweight Zoom
Laowa 17mm f/1.8 MFT
Laowa 12mm f/1.8 MFT
Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D (DJI DL)
Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D MFT
Laowa 7.5mm t/2.1 Cine
Laowa 9mm t/2.9 Zero-D Cine
Laowa 12mm t/2.9 Zero-D Cine
Laowa 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 FE Zoom
Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO
Laowa 17mm f/4 GFX Zero-D
Laowa 4mm f/2.8 Fisheye MFT

Laowa OOOM 25-100 t/2.9 Cine Lightweight Zoom
Laowa OOOM Cine lightweight zoom is the first professional cinema style zoom lens offered by Venus Optics. The lens features a wide 25-100mm zoom range, making it a one-size-fits-all lens for different types of productions.
Unlike some cine...

Continue reading...

I'm highly interested in the 100mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO. And coming just a few days after the Irix 150mm f/2.8 macro was announced! I'll wait to see reviews and pricing on them first, but welcome additions.

Whoo, boy. I so want both of those lenses. Will sell my Canon 100mm L Macro if their IQ is any good. I have a couple Laowas now, and they're really quite good, especially for the price. The only problem with Laowa's insanely relentless development of new types of macro lenses is that now I feel compelled to own 5 macro lenses, where before one seemed to suit me for everything. It's like when Sigma started inventing new configurations. Not good for budgets.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Whoo, boy. I so want both of those lenses. Will sell my Canon 100mm L Macro if their IQ is any good. I have a couple Laowas now, and they're really quite good, especially for the price. The only problem with Laowa's insanely relentless development of new types of macro lenses is that now I feel compelled to own 5 macro lenses, where before one seemed to suit me for everything. It's like when Sigma started inventing new configurations. Not good for budgets.
What is the pricing likely to be on the Laowa 100mm? I don't have a real sense of how they price their lenses.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
What is the pricing likely to be on the Laowa 100mm? I don't have a real sense of how they price their lenses.
I hope its around 650$ mark max their 25, 15 and 60mm macros are priced very aggressively for the features they offer. Also for this new lens they have adopted electromagnetic diaphragm which might add 50-75$ to price of lens but its a good upgrade over their previous lenses.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0