The images were most likely fake. That doesn't mean that the camera won't come out. I would like to buy one before June if it is a decent update. Otherwise my Mark 2 still does great.
Same with me.. I would have loved to have it by next month and half. A DPAF would be excellent addition. Rest of the features, i am ok with. These image seem very real.. G7x MK III images . Not sure what they are waiting for...

Upvote 0
They could be closely watching the market and probably doing a last minute fine tune which could be resulting some hardware redesign or maybe the in house rumors 24mp new sensor with DPAF fabrication process has delayed the production otherwise doesn't make sense why it took so long.
that sounds interesting.. if that comes true, it would be worth the wait :) But does that also mean they have to apply for the FCC certification again..

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

CANNOT

Why, hello there
Mar 13, 2019
I know right. I was kinda hoping Panasonic or Sony would do something epic. But the RX100 VI focused on zoom over sensitivity. And the LX100 II was a disappointment beyond believe. The G7XmkII is beloved in the vlogging community, but it was rather behind the curve quite a bit. Hopefully the Mark III does it all! At the same time the G5X Mark II is rumored? That would have an EVF, frontfacing screen, etc. Could be sick. But... it's Canon... expecting no mic-in, 4K with huge crops or restricted to 15p or no DualPixel C-AF. Something to cripple it...

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I know right. I was kinda hoping Panasonic or Sony would do something epic. But the RX100 VI focused on zoom over sensitivity. And the LX100 II was a disappointment beyond believe. The G7XmkII is beloved in the vlogging community, but it was rather behind the curve quite a bit. Hopefully the Mark III does it all! At the same time the G5X Mark II is rumored? That would have an EVF, frontfacing screen, etc. Could be sick. But... it's Canon... expecting no mic-in, 4K with huge crops or restricted to 15p or no DualPixel C-AF. Something to cripple it...
I agree. Canon somehow always leave something important out of their offerings. The g7X MK2 fits well with most of my requirements - resolution, focusing speed and tracking and overall weight. I actually would love to have a wider and faster lens like 18-50mm f1.4-f1.8 or so.. Dont feel the need for those crazy zoom ratios.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
ugh... should've guessed that my search for where the heck is this camera will lead me to others pondering the same thing.
on last round i chose panasonic lx15 and from what i have learned the g7x ii would've been the right one for me.
but with the rumors of a new version mark, i'm obviously waiting for the iii.
if a total disappointment and no mic in at least the mark ii would become cheaper.
if a mic input in it, it would be the camera for me and i'd be ready to pay quite something for it... not to mention ifs on other upgrades.
hoping it to be released before my trip to ibiza in may if it's ever going to be released.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I don't see a comparable Sony. RX100 V lacks touch screen, and RX100 VI's lens, being a stop slower, is actually a downgrade.
Yep. I would have considered the Sony as I began thinking of upgrading my G7X II, but they made the zoom range longer and gave up speed. In a travel camera if anything, I need more room on the wide end. I don’t know that I will buy the III. If they upgrade features that I use and don’t go backward for my purposes on the lens to match the Sony, I will seriously consider the III. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to stick with the II.

Upvote 0
Well you know you cannot have a pocket size 1” camera with a 24-200mm any faster at least for now.

I wish Canon would offer a comparable pocket 1” travel camera.

I am hoping Canon has a vast improvement on the G7X III AF. For now the G7X II competes nicely against the RX 100 III.

Yep. I would have considered the Sony as I began thinking of upgrading my G7X II, but they made the zoom range longer and gave up speed. In a travel camera if anything, I need more room on the wide end. I don’t know that I will buy the III. If they upgrade features that I use and don’t go backward for my purposes on the lens to match the Sony, I will seriously consider the III. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to stick with the II.

Upvote 0
True, though currently I would take the RX100 VA or VI over the G7X II or ZS100/ZS200.

RX100 VA and VI has amazing fast auto focusing and 315 focal points, while the G7X II is only at 31 and ZS series is at 51.

If you want a pocket size 1" camera with a slow but long lens, you can look toward Panasonics.

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2011
True, though currently I would take the RX100 VA or VI over the G7X II or ZS100/ZS200.

RX100 VA and VI has amazing fast auto focusing and 315 focal points, while the G7X II is only at 31 and ZS series is at 51.
On a camera that has neither a touch screen nor a joystick, I would only use a center AF point anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
LOL don’t need to worry about touchscreen or joystick if you cannot get the shot cause the camera won’t focus.

If touchscreen and joystick are more important, then obviously the RX100 VA or VI is too advanced for your shooting.

On a camera that has neither a touch screen nor a joystick, I would only use a center AF point anyway.

Upvote 0
And when is Canon going to give the G7X a viewfinder???

A friend of mine has the G7X I and always complains about the screen being washed out, and cannot use the viewfinder cause it doesn’t exist.

Then there is the fps shooting which the Canon can do only 8 per second while Sony does 24 frames per second.

The G7X II is a good camera and competes with the RX100 III. Sony has positioned the VA and VI more in line with the Alpha series.

Upvote 0