Your favourite motorsports events

GN Photos

Expect nothing, and you will never be disappointed
Oct 20, 2016
Folsom, California, U.S.A.
meckley, great captures of the Sprints Cars and Indy.
ROO, more great shots, of the Morris Coopers and Philip Island. The most beautiful background in racing (in my opinion). My dream destination to shoot MotoGP.
I have been too far off the radar to see all of these latest posts. Good stuff!
Geoff

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks Graham and Geoff!

Yes, the terminal understeer of the Minis is well exposed in those images :D

The Island is a beautiful spot to shoot and, at these smaller events, it is even better as you can use your car to get around. For the main TCR race, I shot the start from Honda, looking to get a head on shot of the pack approaching with the water in the background, and then drove through the underpass to get turn 1 and Southern Loop before driving back up to shoot the podium. You'd love shooting the GP at the Island!

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Beautiful pictures. Excellent panning.
Thanks very much Click! I was happy with the sequence of the bottom 2 as his left arm shows he's off the throttle and looking down while changing gear with his right hand and the next shot he's back on it while bringing his left back to the handlebar and looking forward again.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Yea but the shoot right handed sounds more fun! :unsure: Could anyone actually hit the side of a barn whilst doing anything other than sitting on it with the motor off? Consider the early suspension, early roads, big single (or twin?) thumping up and down! :oops: Maybe the barn, but something smaller? :ROFLMAO:

Cheers, Graham.

Thanks very much Geoff! The common myth about left hand throttles was that it was so police could shoot right handed but the reality is that there were no standardised controls and Indian felt that, as early engines responded better to variable timing, the ignition advance/retard was better on the right.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.

I just got done processing my shots from the Goodwood Members Meeting earlier this year, no snow this time!

Some cars.

Fire breathing, smoke belching dragon!
SE0A7965_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

SE0A8071_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

SE0A8052_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

Very fast dragon!
SE0A7917_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

Caught this TR3 doing a pirouette!
SE0A7712_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr
The rest of the sequence is on Flickr.

SE0A7479_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

SE0A7493_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

SE0A7460_DxO by Graham Stretch, on Flickr

Cheers, Graham.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Hi Folks.

I just got done processing my shots from the Goodwood Members Meeting earlier this year, no snow this time!

Some cars.

Fire breathing, smoke belching dragon!
[...]

Cheers, Graham.

Excellent series Graham, very fine panning! Did you use 7DmkII or another of your cameras / bodies?
W.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Wiebe.
Thank for your kind comment.
These were all taken with the 7DII, some with 70-200 L II, some with the 100-400 L II.
Basic settings, ISO 100, Shutter priority, between 1/30th and 1/60th aperture roaming free around the 22 end of the scale! :LOL:
All the exif is viewable on Flickr if you want detailed info.

I’ll have to look through the files for the 1DsIII but I don’t think I carried both that weekend.

Cheers, Graham.

Excellent series Graham, very fine panning! Did you use 7DmkII or another of your cameras / bodies?
W.

Upvote 0