Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We are a week away from the official announcements for the Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II, two cameras that have pretty much leaked in full. Though there are some questions that still need to be answered, as the specification sheets did have some errors in them.
That said, with what you know already are you ready to put down your hard-earned money for either of these pretty impressive cameras (on paper)?
Full specifications: Canon EOS 90D // Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Continue reading...

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
I'm still waiting for the official specs, but based on what I can see right now, I will be ordering the M6 Mark II and eventually the M5 Mark II. We'll see what the video settings end up being because one of these has to be my video camera in the long run. I am currently using the M50 for that role and the M5 for recreational photography and this could potentially replace that camera for me - we'll see.

When the M5 Mark II comes out I may regret the purchase, but I believe I'll sell the M5 and M50 to fund that purchase when the time comes.

Upvote 0
As having owned both the 7D and 7Dii I don’t see this as a replacement like it was possibly thought to be. More like just an update to the 80 D only.
Hoping they do an updated 7D version for the R line.

Completely agree
I just haven’t seen anything close to what I want. I am willing to go with the 5D or 1D replacement if it’s mirrorless and comes in the next year.
Looking for improvements in tracking/focus and speed. I really don’t want 50 plus megapixels and don’t think the R line is a contender

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I never pre-order anything. I don't believe in paying the early adopter premium. So, I voted "no" to both, but that's not an indicator of my interest in the 90D, which I will definitely be buying to replace my wife's 80D. It just won't be right away.

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2016
As having owned both the 7D and 7Dii I don’t see this as a replacement like it was possibly thought to be. More like just an update to the 80 D only.
Hoping they do an updated 7D version for the R line.
Unfortunately, I have to agree, beside the sensor size, I don't see the upgrade to the 7DII, it does not have two card slot, and many features already in the 7DII. It does have WiFi built in, but I seldom used it. Sliding the SD Micro card (from the card atapor) into the memory of the cell phone, or with the adaptor to the PC were much fater.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I like to be able to see and touch things before I buy them, and I hardly every buy things online let alone pre-ordering anything. With that said, I could see myself picking up the M6II as a travel camera if the specs hold true and the price is right.

A travel camera isn't my top photography purchase priority, but it is on the list. I highly doubt I'd be an early adopter, but an eventual buyer?... maybe!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2014
I can’t figure out why anyone would buy an EOS M camera since Canon doesn’t provide a decent selection of lenses for the format. Adapting EF lenses to it results in a big lens with a very small camera attached; e.g. very poor ergonomics. The RF mount is clearly Canon’s future direction.

Not everyone needs 50 lenses. Some people are happy with 2 or 3. The M can be perfect for a light travel setup. Just some of the lenses:

22mm, 11-22, 32mm, Sigma 16mm 1.4, Samyang 12mm, Sigma 56mm, 100 or 60mm macro and maybe a 70-200 F4 adapted.
These are all the lenses i would need.

I agree tho that Sony is in better position by having 2 mounts perfectly compatible, just like Canon had with EF and EFs

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2018
The 70/80D was always a great camera for people stepping up from a Rebel/Kiss. The price wasn't crushing, you could use your existing lenses, has lots of features and it was a major step up from the Rebels. I think this will do well for people still looking for that in a DSLR. Having said that I am not sure there will be a lot of demand for the 90D from people that allready have a 80D/7D. Many are looking at mirrorless or won't see this as a large enough upgrade.

Because of that I don't see this as being a preorder monster. But I think it will be in the line up for a long time and I think they will move a pretty good number of units over time, though not as many as the 80D. DSLRs just make more sense in some situations like when battery life is a factor or in action situations. Crop makes sense from a size, weight, reach, cost perspective. If my 80D fails I will pick one up even though I prefer mirrorless. I want to love the M series but I just don't. I am happy for people who do however.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
I was waiting for a 32 MP, No AA filter with min 14 stop DR , Mag body with joystick, dual card, 12 FPS, uncropped 4k, with 1dxmk2 focus system for like 2500 USD APSC for bird shooting but I think it never gonna happen.

Love those specs
I would pay even more for it

My current bodies are falling apart from all the outdoor trips and abuse and I’ve got to make a purchase soon

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0