Firmware: Canon EOS RP v1.3.0

Aug 22, 2019
FWIW, the RP also has a firmware update which in addition to supporting the 24-240 adds a fix for high speed strobing.

Yes, but the link is as wrong as the firmware version listed.
This is the correct link for EOS RP and the version is 1.2.0:

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Meh, They could let you use the silent shutter outside quiet mode. Would really make the RP better. Need this anyway for the new lens that's coming.

I don't think it will come to the RP, Canon seems have pruned a lot of 'advanced' features to make it less overwhelming to Rebel users moving up to FF.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Well, why would you mention the addition of a lens to a firmware?
Bugfixes and Feature addition is more interesting.
Lens can be added by EOS Utility, right?

Yes, but only a few at a time (iirc 5 for the RP, more for the R), but Canon stated in the RF system white paper that the RF lens itself has the profiles.
I wonder if it's not a lens profile, but something else they claimed to support, like the dynamic IS, but want to safe face in the change log.

Upvote 0
They have added the exact same firmware for the EOS R. So disappointed right now... I'm would like to stay with Canon but they keep on disappointing me. I see all my colleagues changing for Sony here in Montreal, many of them where Canon user. I really hoped for an AF improvements among other things!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
They have added the exact same firmware for the EOS R. So disappointed right now... I'm would like to stay with Canon but they keep on disappointing me. I see all me colleagues changing for Sony here in Montreal, many of them where Canon user. I really hoped for an AF improvements among other things!
I feel like if this is enough to push you over the edge, then you were going anyway ...

Upvote 0
I feel like if this is enough to push you over the edge, then you were going anyway ...
Not yet, I'm waiting for the EOS R pro body this will be a make or break for me... I love the RF lens but they really got to step up big time with there body and the AF!

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
They have added the exact same firmware for the EOS R. So disappointed right now... I'm would like to stay with Canon but they keep on disappointing me. I see all my colleagues changing for Sony here in Montreal, many of them where Canon user. I really hoped for an AF improvements among other things!
I love how people create an account here just to threaten to jump ship. I also love how everyone these people know has already switched from Canon to Sony, yet Canon doesn’t seem to lose market share.

When you bought the R, did you use it? If it didn’t meet your needs, why did you keep it? Were you really expecting a firmware update to make the AF perform as you want?

Dear Mazda enthusiast forum, I test drove a Miata coupe then I bought it. I have five kids and the car Mazda sold me can’t transport my family. I’m disappointed that they haven’t installed two more rows of seats in my car, if they don’t do it soon I’ll buy a Toyota. All my friends already did.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0