Preorder the Canon EOS 90D, EOS M6 Mark II, RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS

Jul 21, 2010
Then I will look for a crop RF mount with IBIS. Will need to be compact though with lighter and smaller lenses.
You can certainly look. You can also look for a rainbow-farting purple unicorn while you're out there searching for the APS-C EOS R with crop-specific RF mount lenses. ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Seems like there will be no M5 II:

Rubbish, just be patient...

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
You can certainly look. You can also look for a rainbow-farting purple unicorn while you're out there searching for the APS-C EOS R with crop-specific RF mount lenses. ;)
Come on Neuro....

He is looking for am M camera with IBIS. That’s a very probable product in the near future, while rainbow farting purple unicorns are very unlikely..... now a rainbow farting WHITE and PURPLE unicorn is a whole different story

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I am interested in the M6 ll but it's quite expensive and the kits available here (Canada) aren't very appealing to me. I'd like to buy the camera without a lens but with the EF adapter. I'm indifferent with respect to the detachable EV since I find I use the LCD screen on my Fuji X-T10 almost exclusively, something that surprised me when I first bought it. In any event it appears that I can't buy the camera without a kit lens. I'll either wait around to see if other purchase options pop up or, if I get too impatient, I may get a Fuji X-T30 or X-T3.

Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
Not too excited by these two cameras so far. The M6II is quite expensive and with a view finder is even more expensive.
Screen only wouldn't suit me. It doesn't feel like photography.
The 90D I'll be interested in it being tested for sport and if its really good.
The price is good and if you didn't have a 7DII, it would be a good option.
I'm looking for something that's a definite improvement on a 7DII.
Maybe this still could be it but I don't think so.
I guess a 1DX III will be up soon. Far more expensive but might be the peak of DSLR.
It might be the last 1 series DSLR.
It will be years before a mirrorless camera will match the battery life.
The pro mirrorless will also be interesting

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sfericean

R3, R5, R6 x 2, & 1DXIII x 2
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Bellflower, CA
www.youtube.com
Yeah so I just checked the website. They changed the spec sheet. Attached is what I originally saw.

Now no more ALL-I and no more 24fps up there now on the Canon website. I cancelled my pre-order. No real sorrows in the long run. I still got the EOS R and now can focus on glass.

Attachments

• 0812ACF4-B5B6-4EF9-AF8A-499544933CBA.jpeg
    0812ACF4-B5B6-4EF9-AF8A-499544933CBA.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA

You sound like a sony troll jealous that you can not get a real camera and are stuck with the worst garbage on the planet.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2016
UK price for 90D is £1209.99, which is basically the US price plus VAT. The price would have been much lower without Brexit. Availability end of September.

Alas, companies price gouging British customers was the norm even when nobody thought Brexit could happen. Indeed companies often do it even to Canadians a mile from the US border. If customers will stand for it don't expect any company to not charge what they can. Anything else is delusional.

As it happens in the long run Brexit will, depending on who the British elect, possibly result in lower prices for British consumers in these areas - almost all consumer electronics are made outside the EU and in future Britain will be able to potentially avoid the EU's protectionist tariffs.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2016
Seems like there will be no M5 II:

What makes you say that? I have the M5 and it's wonderful, really achieves something approaching a SLR experience in terms of ergonomics in a really tiny package. Have there been rumors Canon is abandoning it?

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Alas, companies price gouging British customers was the norm even when nobody thought Brexit could happen. Indeed companies often do it even to Canadians a mile from the US border. If customers will stand for it don't expect any company to not charge what they can. Anything else is delusional.

As it happens in the long run Brexit will, depending on who the British elect, possibly result in lower prices for British consumers in these areas - almost all consumer electronics are made outside the EU and in future Britain will be able to potentially avoid the EU's protectionist tariffs.
Canon is NOT gouging British customers relative to the USA. They are charging us the same as US customers, and UK Customs and Excise are adding the appropriate taxes. Individual states in the US will add their taxes to the US quoted price.

Upvote 0
Could you provide a link to this report?
I'm not saying it's 2K upscaled to 4K, but it's not full sensor readout oversampled 4K either. In the dpreview video preview they said the full frame 4K is lower quality than the crop 4K. They didn't elaborate though. There's also a warning in the menu system about potential overheating in the crop 4K mode with no warning about overheating in the full sensor 4K mode.

Look at 5:44 for the warning in the menu system.

All signs point to some sort of pixel binning or line skipping for the full sensor 4K. Otherwise the heat warning only for the 4K crop mode makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
All signs point to some sort of pixel binning or line skipping for the full sensor 4K. Otherwise the heat warning only for the 4K crop mode makes no sense.

If the crop is about 1.2x, as the case may be, that makes perfect sense. With little crop you get 3:2 downsampling from 6K to 4K, and if for some reason you don't want that slight crop, there's still the full frame readout available.

Upvote 0