The Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 will be announced in the first few days of July

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I have been told that the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 will be announced alongside each other on or around July 2, 2020, depending on where you are in the world. The Independence Day long weekend doesn’t begin until July 3, 2020. That said, I have also heard July 6 as a possible announcement date.
So we’re a month away from the official unveiling either way!
I have also been told to expect both cameras to have limited availability by the end of July.
More to come…

Continue reading...

magarity

CR Pro
Feb 14, 2017
nice! but.. what has independence day weekend got to do with this? Canon is a Japanese company and the rest of the world doesn't really care about the 4th of July ;)
When one runs a global company, major markets' holidays should be taken into account. July 1 is big in Canada and China, the 4th in the US. So that leaves the 2nd, 3rd or 6th on in July : https://travelnotes.org/Events/07-jul.htm

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Now that we have a month's notice, maybe we should we start a forum discussion where we can start practicing excuses to justify the purchase to loved ones and concerned onlookers.

"Yes, I already have a camera, but I don't have that camera!"
Camera Owner: "No, that's not a new camera, I just cleaned it."
Spouse: "Why are you taking pictures of that other camera and looking at Ebay all the time?"

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users
Upvote 0
Apr 1, 2016
When one runs a global company, major markets' holidays should be taken into account. July 1 is big in Canada and China, the 4th in the US. So that leaves the 2nd, 3rd or 6th on in July : https://travelnotes.org/Events/07-jul.htm
4 is a weekend day anyway, but I can see July 1 not being a suitable one then. 1DX III announcement was on a Monday, to be more precise: the 6th. So I'd say July 6.

Upvote 0