Industry News: Leica announces the Leica M10-R

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
A new 40-megapixel color sensor brings broader capabilities into the creative landscape
July 16, 2020 – Leica Camera introduces a new high-resolution version of the company’s legendary rangefinder camera, expanding vivid creative possibilities from the most human moments in street photography to the most epic landscapes. With its unique 40-megapixel color sensor, the new Leica M10-R delivers an enhanced rendition of details to fully explore the optical excellence of the legendary Leica M lenses. This new flagship expands the M10 family, which includes the M10, M10-P, M10-D and M10 Monochrom, and achieves maximum image output without compromising the tenets of M photography.

The M10-R’s newly developed 40-megapixel sensor represents a considerable increase from the 24 megapixels of the M10, and yet the M10-R offers significantly reduced image noise as well as a wider dynamic range. The sensitivity range of this new sensor...

Continue reading...

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I am really curious who finds Lica relevant anymore. I do not get it.
People who have more money than brains. A few years back, I remember seeing a series of shots of Hollywood Stars at sporting events looking through the viewfinder and snapping away with the lens caps still on.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
I am really curious who finds Lica relevant anymore. I do not get it.
Just buy one, you'll soon understand!
Nothing beats Leica M wide-angles or short tele lenses in sharpness and contrast.
Also: compare the size of an EOS plus 35 L lens with an M Leica plus Summilux 35...
And, subjectively, the pleasure to use a perfectly made instrument.
Leica M cameras: love them or hate them...both options are valid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
People who have more money than brains. A few years back, I remember seeing a series of shots of Hollywood Stars at sporting events looking through the viewfinder and snapping away with the lens caps still on.
This is a plain silly generalization. Just like saying that people with blonde hair are less intelligent...:rolleyes:
Are Leibovitz, Salgado, Gibson, Meyerowitz etc... brainless ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
This is a plain silly generalization. Just like saying that people with blonde hair are less intelligent...:rolleyes:
But people with blonde hair are less intelligent. It's a scientific factoid

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Well judging by the response to the latest Leibovitz cover, maybe? However in all seriousness I believe people who are angry at the Biles cover are missing the point, I think the cover image makes her look statuesque like a Greek god sculpture and the outcry seems to gloss over the fact that, reportedly, Biles loves the images. I wish I could get Leibovitz to make me look like a Greek god, it would take a lot of Photoshop.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

Dec 6, 2016
Always interesting what prejudices and stereotypes are acceptable to joke about and what are not.
It is isnt it? As a traditiinal Aussie I believe in taking the piss out of everyone including myself but things are definitely changing.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

Dec 6, 2016
Well judging by the response to the latest Leibovitz cover, maybe? However in all seriousness I believe people who are angry at the Biles cover are missing the point, I think the cover image makes her look statuesque like a Greek god sculpture and the outcry seems to gloss over the fact that, reportedly, Biles loves the images. I wish I could get Leibovitz to make me look like a Greek god, it would take a lot of Photoshop.
I have to admit I dont really like the photo but as a general rule I dont gravitate towards portraiture and even in the world of portraiture i dont really like Leibovitz's style, but I totally got why she took that image the way she did as soon as I saw it. And I certainly would never presume to lecture her on lighting. I dont think anyone has the ability to lecture her on that.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
I guess the people who don't seem to get Leicas haven't even considered the fact that when subjects look at them, they don't just see them, but they also see a camera as well.
Even if it was the same to use (it is completely different. it teaches photography a lot better than a camera that just does everything by itself) it can give a completely different expression.
Or alternatively, it may disappear better.
If the photographer enjoys shooting with it, he may present a different impression of himself to others.

Point is: in theory, yes, you could make similar pictures with a Canon or a smartphone or whatever. But in practice, this may not actually hold.
And people don't seem to realise this, unable to see beyond what is presented to them, they just see a very expensive camera with old technology and a Leica badge, nothing more.

This narrow-minded approach is probably the reason why so many people seem to hate others on forums, whose "sin" is only that they use different cameras, photograph differently, etc. etc.

Upvote 0