How to turn on EOS R5 Joystick?

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
I have to ask, what kind of dipstick sends out a camera with the joystick “disabled” wouldn’t you at least default to on, people have been howling for the joystick, turn it on, let the haters work out how to disable it!‍:rolleyes:
I saw if flash by in a youtube video (dpreview?), it looks like it's in the button assignment section, by default no function is assigned to the joystick so it seems 'disabled'.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

davidhfe

CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
I have to ask, what kind of dipstick sends out a camera with the joystick “disabled” wouldn’t you at least default to on, people have been howling for the joystick, turn it on, let the haters work out how to disable it!‍:rolleyes:

If I remember my 5D4 correctly, it was mapped—but only after you hit the AF select button. You can change it to be a direct select. It's a conservative initial setting, which prevents accidentally moving the AF point.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
If I remember my 5D4 correctly, it was mapped—but only after you hit the AF select button. You can change it to be a direct select. It's a conservative initial setting, which prevents accidentally moving the AF point.

Yes that's the way this one is too. I went into the menu and customized that away, figuring I'm less likely to accidentally move the point than panic-fumble the enabling button, at least until I get some muscle memory.

Upvote 0