Two new Canon ILC cameras appear for certification

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Two new Canon ILC cameras have been come up for certification.
DS126834 and DS126949 are both ILC cameras, likely an EOS and/or EOS R camera, as EOS M cameras codenames begin with “PC”, as they’re generally part of the PowerShot group.
Nokishita thinks at least one of these cameras is a new entry-level Rebel camera.

Continue reading...

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
R5s pretty pretty please!

Far too soon. You won't be seeing anything else that's going to be reducing R5 production capacity. It has to be something else that comes out of one of their other factories, so a Rebel makes sense (even if there seems little point to mere mortals in launching a new low end DSLR at this point)

Probably an EOS 2000D/4000D replacement/upgrade

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Far too soon. You won't be seeing anything else that's going to be reducing R5 production capacity. It has to be something else that comes out of one of their other factories, so a Rebel makes sense (even if there seems little point to mere mortals in launching a new low end DSLR at this point)

I don't disagree with any of that. Rebels make money, and Canon hasn't updated the cheapest ILC lines in over 2 years. No question that the high resolution body coming shortly is highly unlikely. Though a man can wish, can't he?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Aren’t the new models the R5 and R6? I would think the R and RP are basically done, right?
Hardly. The RP fills a much-needed slot at the low end. The future of the R is a little less certain, although Canon may keep it in the lineup to meet the current price point or at some point they may introduce an RII to slot between the R6 and R5, where there is a huge price gap. Still, I doubt that either of these cameras are R series. More likely Rebels.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
the Canon RP and R have been out of stock in a ton of retail and online shops in Europe lately. Hope new models to replace those are coming soon.
I doubt we'll see replacements all too soon. Canon seems to have pretty substantial production shortcomings currently, as not only those cameras are out of stock on some places.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Hardly. The RP fills a much-needed slot at the low end. The future of the R is a little less certain, although Canon may keep it in the lineup to meet the current price point or at some point they may introduce an RII to slot between the R6 and R5, where there is a huge price gap. Still, I doubt that either of these cameras are R series. More likely Rebels.

An RII would immediately generate calls for a DII variant.

Upvote 0

thmts

EOS RP
Aug 19, 2020

a new EOS R2 with IBIS, single card slot, new processor, and usable 4k in 24p, 30p and 60p would be great and below that they could have the EOS RP2 with no IBIS, single card slot, better processor and usable 4k in 24p and 30p.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
I'm trying to think...has there normally been a slot between the 5 and 6 series? I can't recall one off the top of my head. Its been 5D down to 6D, or before that down to 7D, then the XXD series below that. At least I think.

We don't know what canon is planning yet, but we've got R5, R6, to replace 5D/6D, and R and RP filling in legacy spots in the XXD series and arguably Rebel series (based on price point, one could argue that R is like the XXD series and RP is filling the higher end rebel price point and functionality).

We'll see what happens, but I like the idea of more new stuff to choose from.

-Brian

Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017

I tole you two times twice already I am in agreeing.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0