Adorama puts an expected arrival date on the Canon EOS R5 body

Well, I'm in Canada and I ordered my EOS R5 back on July 23. Still waiting. Sometimes I think we are in the backwaters of civilization when it comes to getting stuff.
Ordered 7/9 from Adorama. Granted I had to wait until late in the day. Update from Adorama today, they said:

“I can see According to the manufacturer estimates we expect to fulfill your order by the 1st week of November. Please note these dates are generally accurate, but are subject to change at the discretion of manufacturer.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quirkz

CR Pro
Oct 30, 2014
Just got an email from B&H that my R5 shipped today. Anyone else get that? I ordered on the first day but not for several hours after they were accepting orders
Mine shipped yesterday - Sounds like it might have been a big batch if it's taken them over a day to ship out all the R5s they received!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mine shipped yesterday - Sounds like it might have been a big batch if it's taken them over a day to ship out all the R5s they received!
They had sent me an email a couple weeks ago that said it would probably ship on the 28th....sounds like they got them a bit earlier. After reading that article about Adorama saying late October I had adjusted my expectations...so I'm even happier now!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Quirkz

CR Pro
Oct 30, 2014
They had sent me an email a couple weeks ago that said it would probably ship on the 28th....sounds like they got them a bit earlier. After reading that article about Adorama saying late October I had adjusted my expectations...so I'm even happier now!
Interesting! I had an email a couple weeks ago saying it would ship on 16th, the one that said it was delayed to 21st. Maybe the two different batches were merged in to one larger one, or canon is ramping up production due to the demand. Either way, glad to hear your good news!

Upvote 0

Quirkz

CR Pro
Oct 30, 2014
From the on-line store Currys who surprisingly provided my R5 this week: “Just to say the item you asked us to email you about, EOS R5 Mirrorless Camera - Body Only, won’t be coming back in stock. “
it‘s a matter of chance to get one at present.
That's a really weird email "Won't be coming back in stock" - Like, EVER? :)

Upvote 0

Quirkz

CR Pro
Oct 30, 2014
That's a really weird email "Won't be coming back in stock" - Like, EVER? :)

From the on-line store Currys who surprisingly provided my R5 this week: “Just to say the item you asked us to email you about, EOS R5 Mirrorless Camera - Body Only, won’t be coming back in stock. “
it‘s a matter of chance to get one at present.

Let's start a new rumour that canon has cancelled the r5 line due to overheating based on that one email you received.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

CanonOregon

Having fun with what I have to shoot with now.
Sep 12, 2012
Oregon
While I have not followed Canon' new product release for too long, this is the first time I have seen a Canon camera and lenses were short in supply. This means either there are too many pre orders or the supply is in short possibly due to covid-19. I am finally happy to see more stock coming in and pre-orders getting delivered. As for me I will wait for the price to drop around ~$3k mark. I am of the opinion R5 is way overpriced for what it is when comparing the competition.
Hopefully but they sure are getting a LOT of orders!

Upvote 0