Firmware: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III v1.2.1

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon has released new firmware for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, bringing the firmware to v1.2.1. This is a bug fix update.
Firmware Version 1.2.1 incorporates the following fix:

Fixes a phenomenon, in which, after updating the camera’s firmware to version 1.2.0, the Smart Controller may respond slowly or not at all on some cameras. *)
*) The phenomenon described above may occur in cameras whose first two digits of the serial number are “01” “02” “03” or “04”.

Firmware Version 1.2.1 also incorporates the following fixes and enhancements from Firmware Version 1.2.0:

Enhancements when using Browser Remote:

The image list displayed will be refreshed automatically on the browser.
On the shooting screen of the browser, you can set the movie resolution and a high frame rate.
On the shooting screen of the browser, you can change the movie shooting mode.
On the shooting screen of the browser, Live View will be displayed as soon as you select the movie shooting button...

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 24, 2018
Finland
About time, it took over a year. Now you have a camera that is obsolete and 25% of what does not work has been fixed. Canon's Flagship Flop to Push RF Was a SCAM. Most who own the camera don't even know what's wrong with it.

How is that "over year", when press realease is from 7th jan 2020? Or are you counting from development anouncement, 24th october 2019?

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Most who own the camera don't even know what's wrong with it.
Here's a crazy thought: could it be that you being the only one who sees these problems is an indication that it may not be the camera that's doing something wrong? Your concerns may be legitimate, but wording like 'Flop' makes it seem as if you project them to the greater market, without considering that you just may not be part of the segment Canon made this camera for.

Oh wait, I forgot that you are a big professional. So you can't be at fault :)

Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
Here's a crazy thought: could it be that you being the only one who sees these problems is an indication that it may not be the camera that's doing something wrong? Your concerns may be legitimate, but wording like 'Flop' makes it seem as if you project them to the greater market, without considering that you just may not be part of the segment Canon made this camera for.

Oh wait, I forgot that you are a big professional. So you can't be at fault :)
"WE" had the camera before release. "WE" are exactly who the camera was made for.
The camera is a flop for a flagship. It is obsolete, still has faults and as I stated, most people only use a small portion of the camera's capabilities and don't even know what's wrong with it. For those with less acuity for what the 1DX line is supposed to do.... bottom line, it does it poorly and if IQ is the ultimate test, it's not just a flop, it's and absolute failure for Canon and financially a disaster compared to prior "flagship" sales.

"WE" who the camera was made for have spoken with our budgets.

If it were not for enthusiasts who for the most part don't need the camera or use all the capabilities, even the production run costs would have been lost.

Upvote 0

Nelu

1-DX Mark III, EOS R5, EOS R
CR Pro
"WE" had the camera before release. "WE" are exactly who the camera was made for.
The camera is a flop for a flagship. It is obsolete, still has faults and as I stated, most people only use a small portion of the camera's capabilities and don't even know what's wrong with it. For those with less acuity for what the 1DX line is supposed to do.... bottom line, it does it poorly and if IQ is the ultimate test, it's not just a flop, it's and absolute failure for Canon and financially a disaster compared to prior "flagship" sales.

If it were not for enthusiasts who for the most part don't need the camera or use all the capabilities, even the production run costs would have been lost.
Somebody is running low on meds I see...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
Obsolete? To quote Inigo Montoya, "I do not think it means what you think it means".
I know what I mean and the camera is insignificant. To call it a "flagship" is belittling to Canon and the company's heritage in 2020. Canon better rise to the occasion or the sidelines of every major event will be lost. Those of us who buy, manage and control staff for the teams and leagues and broadcast networks ar not "Amused"

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Goldwing you are wrong. I am a sports photographer and have owned every 1D camera. The 1DXIII is the best one yet...

While I have had limited opportunities to use the 1Dx III for sports (Four Volleyball, Two Soccer and One Basketball) so far this season I have been quite satisfied with it. Autofocus is better, ISO performance better, virtually unlimited buffer and higher frame rate are welcome additions. There are a few things that I'm finding I need to get adjusted to, but that's no surprise and since I've been very limited in opportunities due to COVID-19 cancellations, I expect I will like it even more as I get used to it.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

---

Hmmmmm...... We spoke with OUR budget too! We bought 60 of them YES! SIXTY of the 1Dx3's and another 100 of the R5's and because we couldn't wait --- we just bought them everywhere who was selling and reselling -- We were probably responsible for the Early North American 1Dx3 AND the R5 shipping shortage --- SORRY about that!)

AND YES we still have and use the custom publicly unreleased MF Global Shutter cameras too!

V

P.S. The R5 and 1Dx3 have already been to space and back! THEY WORK GREAT! (have to add heaters though!)

V

Upvote 0

COBRASoft

EOS R5
CR Pro
Mar 21, 2014
Oudenburg, Belgium
---

Hmmmmm...... We spoke with OUR budget too! We bought 60 of them YES! SIXTY of the 1Dx3's and another 100 of the R5's and because we couldn't wait --- we just bought them everywhere who was selling and reselling -- We were probably responsible for the Early North American 1Dx3 AND the R5 shipping shortage --- SORRY about that!)

AND YES we still have and use the custom publicly unreleased MF Global Shutter cameras too!

V

P.S. The R5 and 1Dx3 have already been to space and back! THEY WORK GREAT! (have to add heaters though!)

V
Heaters on the R5? Why not put in film mode to keep the temp balanced :)

Upvote 0

2Cents

EOS R5, 1DX mkiii, C70, R5 C
Nov 2, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
www.606.media
I installed firmware 1.2.1 back in early to mid October. Am I missing something or is this announcement a bit tardy?
It must be because the release date showed 10/8. I had no idea it was available. I actually was expecting the next update to include clog 2&3 for video shooters.

Upvote 0