Black & White

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
I quite agree with your observation about the quality of this picture. I took it 5 years ago. Not sure what I did but I may have overdone the sharpening. I would have preferred to return to the RAW file but I no longer have it. I'm more careful these days, or at least try to be. I do like the picture in terms of the composition but I don't think it would survive printing. I'll try a better shot if I ever manage to get back there. Privatebydesign is quite correct. The tourist load is extreme. That's why we haven't returned there since 2015. You can't even get a parking spot and trying to get a clear shot is a nightmare. :)
That explains it then; the other images that you post don't have intrusive sharpening.

Well you & Private have managed to put me off going there then. Seems like most all the scenic places in the world have been done to death now, but there are still moments of magic that can be captured here and there.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Returning to old RAW files in lieu of new material. Sometimes revisiting an original file from bygone days is helpful in honing one's processing skills. The pandemic has seriously impaired my ability to go anywhere, so I'm left with touring archived stomping grounds. _MG_3310_DxO (2).jpg

Lake Louise in Banff National Park circa 2015 or so.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Oh, yes! We had a blizzard on the weekend. We got 47cm of snow on Sunday and a tad bit more on Monday. Not light fluffy stuff. Moving it is like moving concrete. :(

Brr.

I think it was in the upper 70's here yesterday, but a cool front came though, this morning its a bone chilling 61F outside and sunny now.
;)

Anyway...interesting pictures....keep posting!!
C

Upvote 0