Will there be any announcements from Canon ahead of CP+ this month?

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Wildest idea. Do you think Canon could come out with a camera with similar specc as the A1 but in a slightly bigger body than the R5, and call it R2orR3orR4, and priced it at $5200? (That's the price the toy-build A1 should have been) The R1 will be super pro-body and +$7000 for sure.
I would love a 3 series semi pro body comeback. The EOS 3 is one of the finest cameras I have ever used.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
ADD M&S-RAW!!!

I m hoping for RPII and RII, R1 and R7 this year!
Wasn't the R and RP mentioned as placeholder bodies in the Canon interview a couple months ago alluding to them being short term in the lineup as opposed to the numbered bodies? I don't think we will see versions 2 of those. I think next up are 7 (crop), 1 (flagship) and in my dreams.... a 3 (stills oriented).

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Wasn't the R and RP mentioned as placeholder bodies in the Canon interview a couple months ago alluding to them being short term in the lineup as opposed to the numbered bodies? I don't think we will see versions 2 of those. I think next up are 7 (crop), 1 (flagship) and in my dreams.... a 3 (stills oriented).
7 and 1 make a lot of sense to come soon, but I wouldn't be shocked if they released an even more entry level price point camera as well. If the RP and R were considered stopgaps, then something cheaper is a pretty reasonable assumption with the R6 being the next cheapest in the lineup.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
The potential marginal gains these ship jumpers desire, it kills me. I cannot imagine going through all the hassles of selling my bodies and glass for a 1/2 stop of DR or a mini xlr port etc etc.

Enjoy the skintones and crap menus.
I do not really get it.
If Canon shooters find a Sony camera they love then they should just buy it with an EF adapter.
No need to sell all of their gear.

Upvote 0

Maps

EOS M7 (please)
Jan 10, 2021

I’m really curious about the RP. We’ll find out whether its margins were robust enough to justify a sequel. That answer is probably going to say a lot about the next 10 years.

Upvote 0
How about an indication they will be releasing some decently fast superteles, and not necessarily f/4, just not f/11 garbage.

R5 fw updates needs to allow for slower ES speeds, adding a 10fps mode would be perfect.

I don't know I think the 600 and 800 f11 lenses are pretty cool. People say they want different and innovation, and moving forward but it seems most just want another iteration of a 24-70 or 70-200. I am not picking on you specifically, but have seen many people criticizing the lenses.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Canon could acknowledge the existence of M. They have been awfully quiet about it, leading to negative rumors.
I guess they go the same way now like they did with the EF system: the will probably come up with a crop RF mount camera. Economically it would make much more sense than keeping two incompatible systems alive, in such a tight market now.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Fbimages

EOS R5 EOS R3 GFX 100
Mar 4, 2020
www.instagram.com
The potential marginal gains these ship jumpers desire, it kills me. I cannot imagine going through all the hassles of selling my bodies and glass for a 1/2 stop of DR or a mini xlr port etc etc.

Enjoy the skintones and crap menus.
I can't speak for Sony, but I was a happy ish 5DS R shooter for quite a few years before I switched to Fuji, and in all honesty it's not 1/2 stop of dynamic range extra. The files a miles ahead. Of course you can use ND grad filters, bracketting (which I have done for years with the 5DS R), but it's nice to have so much lattitude straight in camera.
The other advantage of the Fuji system is the aspect ratio which I find more pleasing as the 3:2 is quite elongated (but that is only my view).
For wildlife and fast action however, Canon all the way. The Autofocus is reaching incredible levels.

Upvote 0