Video products coming from Canon in 2021 [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I have been told that Canon still has plans to release a slew of new video products in 2021. These cameras sell in lower numbers than consumer cameras, so production may not suffer from the same volume issues in the supply chain.
New specifications for the cameras below have been hard to come by, as most of these cameras have had their launch delayed. There may not be the usual rumor cycle this year.
Canon XF505

Replacement for the XF205
Same 1″ sensor as the XF705
12G-SDI output and SD cards
An integrated zoom lens with 15x zoom
BP-A batteries

Canon XC20

Replacement for the XC10/XC15
Same 1″ sensor as the XF705
CFexpress slot for internal RAW recording
SD cards for XF-AVC/MP4 recording
An integrated lens with 10x zoom and constant f2.8 aperture
LP-E6NH batteries

Canon Cinema EOS C50

These specifications have been around for a long time, and with the delay in announcement, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some tweaks to the specifications.

Super 35mm...

Continue reading...

robotfist

Cinematographer/Photographer - Canon C300 III
Oct 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Still waiting for an RF mount full frame cinema camera. I hope the C90 is that camera. I don't care about 8K at all. I care more about dynamic range and light sensitivity.

It would also be nice if Canon would develop an S-Cinetone type of color profile to fill in the gap when you don't want to record in log. I must say, Sony's S-Cinetone is a fantastic profile and it really has a lot of uses. It requires virtually no grading at all and makes quick turn around jobs so much easier. It’s also easy to match different cameras now. Sony has come a long way with their color science. I feel like Canon has always had good color science, but they really need to update their picture profiles like Sony did, and bring them into the modern age.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
I think Canon won't let this one fly. If a R6 can have 10 bit, so can one of their "Cinema" cameras.
Same old same old regarding C200 versus C300 Mark III
In that case not enough reasons to go for the C70.

The R6 does have 10-bit, but:
-not the same codec as their Cinema cameras (the Digic X is different to the dual Digic DV 6 which was in the C200 so probably in the C50 as well)
-no ND filters
-30-minute internal recording limit
-no dual recording
-overheating
-high amounts of rolling shutter in 4k30p mode
-no Canon Log 2 or Canon Log 3

So there are plenty of features missing compared to a supposedly 8-bit only C50.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Still waiting for an RF mount full frame cinema camera. I hope the C90 is that camera. I don't care about 8K at all. I care more about dynamic range and light sensitivity.

It would also be nice if Canon would develop an S-Cinetone type of color profile to fill in the gap when you don't want to record in log. I must say, Sony's S-Cinetone is a fantastic profile and it really has a lot of uses. It requires virtually no grading at all and makes quick turn around jobs so much easier. It’s also easy to match different cameras now. Sony has come a long way with their color science. I feel like Canon has always had good color science, but they really need to update their picture profiles like Sony did, and bring them into the modern age.
That's what they have WDR profile for. For when you want a look straight from camera that doesn't involve using any of the Clog modes, yet better maximizes the DR and highlight rolloff than the normal gamma.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0