Canon to announce two new cameras this week? [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I was just told that Canon will be announcing two new cameras this week in new segments for the company. I haven’t heard a peep about what these two cameras may be.
I also don’t know offhand what new segments Canon could be entering.
I have reached out to others to see if they have heard anything.
Update: It looks like the two cameras have internal model numbers starting with “DSC”, which is usually reserved for PowerShot and EOS M.
Update #2: I have been told that Canon will announce new PTZ cameras that will cost around $4000 USD. This isn’t a new segment for them though, but their current offerings are $10,000 USD and up.
More to come…

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Traveler

EOS R6
Oct 6, 2019
Canon should produce something like R2 – a flagship camera with the best specs with almost no compromise, relatively compact in size (R5 size), money is no object. Just for marketing purposes. Give it to those youtubers for free. And it would bring a lot of people to Canon.
I can see a lot of people buying Sony cameras (mostly A7iii) just because their favorite youtuber uses 7Siii or A1

Upvote 0
Woo hoo! EOS M-something! Dream list of features:
- Runs Android 11 or 12 to allow loading of Adobe LR and other photo apps on Google Play to incorporate into the workflow, also enabling Canon to work with Adobe and other vendors for a plug and play approach to workflow on-device
- Generous megapixel count for pixel-peeping joy (40-50 Mpx); the era of stingy megapixel count is long past, let's move on
- Pixel-binning and pixel shift to support low noise for astrophotography and super high resolution for landscape
- IBIS
But whatever happens, I'm still excited for the prospect of a new M-something.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
- Generous megapixel count for pixel-peeping joy (40-50 Mpx); the era of stingy megapixel count is long past, let's move on
For APSC 32 MP (as seen in the M6-II is actually not stingy. You'd need an 82 MP (roughly) full frame to hit that pixel density, and few of those are out there. To get 45 MP which you consider non-stingy would be the equivalent of a 115 MP full frame. Admittedly I don't follow other brands (so someone please correct me if I am wrong), but I don't think such a thing exists yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0