Canon EOS R3 leaks

if they are side by side.. both lenses should be same size.. they're both 82mm... not entirely convinced yet it's a true leak
Well it also depends on the focal length used to take the photo of each camera. Z9 photo could be taken by a wider focal length enlarging the relative size of the lens? Don’t know

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2016
if they are side by side.. both lenses should be same size.. they're both 82mm... not entirely convinced yet it's a true leak

Nokishita is bang on about things that are days to weeks away from an official announcement. They are most likely getting their information from the embargoed press releases / briefings that sites like DPReview and others get.

Upvote 0

snappy604

CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
Well it also depends on the focal length used to take the photo of each camera. Z9 photo could be taken by a wider focal length enlarging the relative size of the lens? Don’t know

Nokishita is bang on about things that are days to weeks away from an official announcement. They are most likely getting their information from the embargoed press releases / briefings that sites like DPReview and others get.
true, they do have a good track record. I saw twitter and kind of wrote it off a bit. There have been a lot of fakes posted before, didn't realize it was Nokishita.

Upvote 0
Sony A1 new naming scheme indicating merging of categories (resolution, speed, video etc.), Nikon Z9 as well.
So Canon following through with changing the naming for the flagship wouldn't be that surprising.

I'd disagree. Yes the pixel count is jumping but it's only jumping to allow the higher video . What they're telling us is video matters more than it did.

That doesn't mean these are high resolution stills choices. That's a byproduct.

There may still be even higher resolution stills oriented cameras.

Nikon has stated the Z9 is basically a D6 replacement. That implies a lot more than just speed. It's battery life. It's body robustness. Weather sealing. Handling. Ports. Go look at the Z9 it still has the 10 pin port that hasn't appeared on any other Z body.

Many of the things that matter in that camera class aren't even in the specs most people look at. FPS is nice. FPS all day long is even nicer. FPS all day long in horrible weather even nicer.

There was a review of the A1 done and the person basically said it was raining so they didn't want to go out and risk the camera. Could you imagine a sports photographer refusing to work during a rainy football game?

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Still have the Z9 on my wishlist/kindasortapreorderedbutcantofficallyyet and I am looking forward to it. With the R3 I except we'll still have a R1 at some point. Ether way major prop's to both Canon and Nikon for recognising my hands didn't get any smaller when mirrorless cameras came to market, nor did the lenses we put on them.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

There was a review of the A1 done and the person basically said it was raining so they didn't want to go out and risk the camera. Could you imagine a sports photographer refusing to work during a rainy football game?

I think there might be old thinking there, as Sony's often used to have poor or perceived poor sealing. Though, I and I am sure most wildlife shooters are going to go out in the rain and snow and all kinds of conditions and the R3/Z9 just jumped to the top of the list as Nikon and Canon have known good handling in crud weather.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I think there might be old thinking there, as Sony's often used to have poor or perceived poor sealing. Though, I and I am sure most wildlife shooters are going to go out in the rain and snow and all kinds of conditions and the R3/Z9 just jumped to the top of the list as Nikon and Canon have known good handling in crud weather.

What got me was it was a review of a camera supposedly aimed at the pro market. It's one thing you'd test normally.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016

If the perspective is different for each rendering, then the relative sizes of the front of the lenses, which are closer to the point of view, and the relative sizes of the bodies, which are further from the point of view, would not be the same. You can render my face from a point of view 6 inches in front of my nose and my nose will look much larger than my ears. Now render my face from a point of view 6 feet in front of my face and my nose will be much smaller than my ears.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

JohnC

CR Pro
Sep 22, 2019
Gainesville,GA
If the perspective is different for each rendering, then the relative sizes of the front of the lenses, which are closer to the point of view, and the relative sizes of the bodies, which are further from the point of view, would not be the same. You can render my face from a point of view 6 inches in front of my nose and my nose will look much larger than my ears. Now render my face from a point of view 6 feet in front of my face and my nose will be much smaller than my ears.
I’ve heard my ears are bigger than my nose from any distance. Lol

Upvote 0

snappy604

CR Pro
Jan 25, 2017
That would also apply to the other parts that were assumed to be same size. Anyways it's a moot point.. things are confirmed now and more images to compare with

Upvote 0
Not when it's a preproduction loaner from the manufacturer.

You can't fix weather sealing with a firmware tweak. Even if you could one of the reasons to put cameras into the hands of people is to see all the weird things they might do that nobody in lab thought to test.

It's better to find out that a autumn rainstorm bricks the camera before you ship it and not after.

Upvote 0