Just noticed new firmware version 1.3.1 for the R5 on Canon site

I happened to click on the support site for the R5 and noticed a new firmware version, v1.3.1, is available as of today. I didn't see any mention of it yet, so thought I would share. Thoughts?

Looks like there is one item that was added to version 1.3.

13. Fixes a phenomenon, in which when shooting with Canon Log 3, if the [View Assist.] setting is set to [On], the image in the viewfinder and on the LCD screen is displayed brighter than it should be.

*Items 1 through 12 apply to Version 1.3.0, whereas Item 13 applies to Version 1.3.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
I happened to click on the support site for the R5 and noticed a new firmware version, v1.3.1, is available as of today. I didn't see any mention of it yet, so thought I would share. Thoughts?

Looks like there is one item that was added to version 1.3.

13. Fixes a phenomenon, in which when shooting with Canon Log 3, if the [View Assist.] setting is set to [On], the image in the viewfinder and on the LCD screen is displayed brighter than it should be.

*Items 1 through 12 apply to Version 1.3.0, whereas Item 13 applies to Version 1.3.1.
Thanks for that. Not using video but I want to have the latest firmware. So I have downloaded and installed it.

Upvote 0