Panasonic announces the LUMIX GH5M2 as well as the development of the LUMIX GH6

Nov 2, 2016
Sounds like a problem with your work; I've had amazing results, significantly better than anything I was getting out of a Canon camera at that price point (the XXD series or even like a 7D).

Yeah, sounds like they managed to squeeze a little more dynamic range with some coatings, but, this is clearly merging available parts and supply lines to keep customers happy til a GH6 hits.

Im personally very excited for when the GH6 releases and the GH5II prices hit $1000 on the used market so I can grab a second body
You can’t get more dynamic range with coatings. You can possibly get just a bit less flare, but that’s not the same thing.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Jared Polin had a good point: Why buy this camera, if you can get a full frame camera from Panasonic for the same price? Or could you use full frame lenses on it and get much more reach because of the higher crop? That would be interesting for bird photographers or plane spotters.
Jared Polin hates crop sensors and DSLRs and thinks that they should always be cheaper even if they are better in every way.

Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2016
Jared Polin hates crop sensors and DSLRs and thinks that they should always be cheaper even if they are better in every way.
I agree with him, and they’re never better in every way. They aren’t even that much smaller and lighter any more.

give it up people, we’re never going to see more than a handful of true pro lenses on APS-C cameras. And reality shows that these old, obsolete 4:3 sensors can get lenses that may be better than they can use, and so what?

so if you mostly have to use FF lenses on a crop sensor, what’s the point? A few ounces of difference in the body weight? The FF camera is going to have higher resolution, possibly much higher, so you can crop, when you want to, and get pretty much the same magnification as you would have gotten with the crop sensor, plus FF resolution everywhere else.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a problem with your work; I've had amazing results, significantly better than anything I was getting out of a Canon camera at that price point (the XXD series or even like a 7D).

Yeah, sounds like they managed to squeeze a little more dynamic range with some coatings, but, this is clearly merging available parts and supply lines to keep customers happy til a GH6 hits.

Im personally very excited for when the GH6 releases and the GH5II prices hit $1000 on the used market so I can grab a second body
The video was blurry, as I relied on autofocus. My Panasonic would constantly lose focus on people's faces. Canon's DPAF fixed that for me. I have no interest in trying to focus manually. The actual quality of the footage from the Panasonic was great though.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0