Canon has pulled firmware v1.3.2 for the EOS 5D Mark IV

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Oct 3, 2015
Painful that Canon has fallen into a bad habit of releasing faulty firmware prematurely... :(
Although I agree if that is the case to play devils advocate it isn't always the case and can be excusable. Some bugs only appear in none standard configurations or very rare number of cases thus even with extensive testing they only show up once the fw/patches etc go live in the community. Without knowing what the bug is or how easy it is to repeat it it's hard to say if Canon are pushing things too soon.

Plenty of companies push things too soon with minor inhouse testing and they [Canon] may be doing that. However I have seen problems a few times were such things trigger more from user "error" doing things in none standard way that manufacturers miss because they tend to abide strictly to the official manual sop way of doing things when testing.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Although I agree if that is the case to play devils advocate it isn't always the case and can be excusable. Some bugs only appear in none standard configurations or very rare number of cases thus even with extensive testing they only show up once the fw/patches etc go live in the community. Without knowing what the bug is or how easy it is to repeat it it's hard to say if Canon are pushing things too soon.

Plenty of companies push things too soon with minor inhouse testing and they [Canon] may be doing that. However I have seen problems a few times were such things trigger more from user "error" doing things in none standard way that manufacturers miss because they tend to abide strictly to the official manual sop way of doing things when testing.
Even if it is user error as you call it quality software should be able to catch it and handle it. But I understand what you mean and I agree with you: manufacturers are not users!

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Mine are still working pretty fine. ;)
And I hope they will for much, much longer, as long as the R/RF system is so expensive.
Of course if you gift me an R5 I'll change immediately.
I already have an R5 and I have no intentions of ever giving up DSLRs.
If Canon and Nikon give up on DSLRs then I will eventually go with Pentax.
I would much rather get another Canon DSLR but that is up to Canon.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
DSLR's are dead!

Why?

Well they deliberately bricked them via firmware updates.

Canon never used to be this slack, so many pulled fw updates last few years. Maybe they outsource to Microsoft.
Funny!

First, they didn't brick them.
Second, deliberately? Really? Because they like negative reactions sure.
Third, even mirrorless R5 and R6 had their fw updates pulled this year!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Oh dear good to see the humour is weak on this site. So many serious users.

I still have one DSLR, and love to use it, but as soon as there is a mirrorless replacement it will be gone. I have little nostalgia for old cameras, the are sold to fund the next camera. Now they will be making mirrorless in 1D formats that's the final nail IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Oh dear good to see the humour is weak on this site. So many serious users.
More likely, there is a large amount of pretty wild posts and opinions being spread. Apart from the ridiculous content nothing from your post gave an indication that it may not have been written seriously.

If you are being sarcastic and want your comments to be interpreted as such instead of as spreading misinformation or trolling, use an /s tag or an appropriate emojy.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0