The pop-ups are making this site unusable

Mar 25, 2011
A first couple of steps is to

1. clear your cookies

2. Try a different browser

Its difficult to troubleshoot a issue like this, there are so many possibilities. Many of us have now gone to the canonrumors pro membership which shows no ads so we won't see issues like this and will be of little help in repeating the issue.

At a minimum, if the above does not work, tell us which phone and browser because issues like this can be specific to just one combination.

Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
so I haven't been on the site in a while now, BUT, these pop - ups are unbelievable! what gives

From what you shown, it's kind of par for the course with other sites that let you get info for free. The sites have to make money somehow.

So we can either support the site by allowing the ads to display... or getting a sub to remove all ads (CR Pro).

Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
or change browsers maybe. The above was Safari, this is Firefox. I don't remember all these ads before. Were they not making enough money before? Costs went up? Or just need to make more? Interesting all the way around.
Sure you could always run another browser w/ a popup blocker, but if everyone did that we wouldn't have sites like this.

Only Craig can answer the costs to run questions...

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
The ads are getting crazy again. Popups, static footers, and still the basic ads... Now when I click on a link, like to go to the forums, I get a full page pop up that I need to click "X" to get pass it to get to the forums. I understand ads, but literally getting in my way of using the site seems overkill.
Ads always "evolve" in the direction of forcing you to pay attention to them, everything from boosting the volume on your TV for the ads, to popups like this, to popunders, to autoplay videos...you name it. Once people figure out how to ignore ads, they simply get more obtrusive.

Upvote 0