Here is the upcoming Canon XF605 professional camcorder

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon’s next announcement looks to be for the Canon XF605 professional camcorder. This new camcorder is expected to be announced later this month with availability later in 2021.
Below is likely the official description of the new camera from Canon.
About the Canon XF605
The XF605 is a powerful new camcorder designed for ENG applications and for a wide range of live and recorded productions, including sports, events, documentaries, streaming, and more.
It offers a new level of performance and control to videographers who work solo. With 15x optical zoom, professional connectivity, and advanced autofocus, including eye-detection AF and intelligent head-detection technology for the first time in the XF series, this is a versatile camera that is perfectly suited to studio work or in the field.
Compact in size but equipped with a full range of controls and connections, the XF605 integrates seamlessly into live production and studio environments.
The large 1 “CMOS sensor and DIGIC DV7...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Twinix

C100 III + R6?
May 6, 2020
Norway
I hope they will release XF405/XF400 successor too.
I have XF400 and like it so much.
What do you think it should have? Xa50/55 - 4k 25p, 1080p 25 out over HDMI.
XF 400/405 - 4K 50p and 1080p 50 over HDMI. Thats the real differencing I see.
What should a successor have? I dont think that you will see one - the product cycle is too long. I think the next time it will get upgraded will be because of resolution, and that this either is your upgrade or that you maybe could wish from Canon to software upgrade it like they did with for example CLOG. I am really curious to hear what kind of upgrades you are hoping for. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
May 30, 2017
What do you think it should have? Xa50/55 - 4k 25p, 1080p 25 out over HDMI.
XF 400/405 - 4K 50p and 1080p 50 over HDMI. Thats the real differencing I see.
What should a successor have? I dont think that you will see one - the product cycle is too long. I think the next time it will get upgraded will be because of resolution, and that this either is your upgrade or that you maybe could wish from Canon to software upgrade it like they did with for example CLOG. I am really curious to hear what kind of upgrades you are hoping for. :)
XF405 used DIGIC DV 6. I think it is not good enough.
First, the cam is very hot during summer time. It can show the over heat icon when using in very hot weather in Japan.
The AF is not good enough compare to other Canon camera. The touch screen touch AF is a little weird.
I think their 1 inch sensor Dual Pixel CMOS AF from XF405 or XF705 are not perfect enough
XF705 uses dual DIGIC DV 6. XF405 has one DIGIC DV 6 only.
I think one DIGIC DV 6 can't have 10bit 4.2.2 or c-log.
XF405 has 8 bit 4.2.0 only. sometimes I want to push back some shadow or highlight......the result is really not good.
the low-light is really improve compare to Canon XA30 (my previous cam).
I always record in low-light.
I think DIGIC DV 7 can get one more stop less noise.

Anyways Canon set the model XF605. I think the sensor should be the same as XF705 and XF405
and it seems XF605 should be XF705 + DIGIC DV 7 and improve some function.
They can make XF405 + DIGIC DV 7 version.
They discontinued Xf405 several months ago, I think XF605 is replace XF705 and they should release something to replace XF405.
or the XF405 selling is very low. Canon would be XF50 to replace XF405.....

I planed to buy C70 to replace ENG but you know camcorder has many benefits for sport or concert event.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2011
That is a rather odd comparison.
If you are happy with 4K then I am not sure why you would not be looking at the URSA Mini Pro 4.6
Yeah, kind of odd to in any way compare a Super 35mm, RAW shooting camera against a fixed lens, 1" sensor, run and gun event style camcorder.

There's almost no job I can imagine where you'd interchange them

Upvote 0

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011
Yeah, kind of odd to in any way compare a Super 35mm, RAW shooting camera against a fixed lens, 1" sensor, run and gun event style camcorder.

There's almost no job I can imagine where you'd interchange them

Two very different cameras targeting different markets.

Well…. The Sony F55/5 and Sony Fs7/7II were both designed and intended as cine cameras, yet became very, very popular at the network level as ENG cameras(historically and largely 2/3”).

Upvote 0

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011
LOL ... XF200 is 1080p.
There's this thing called cropping. You should check it out.
It magically turns your 15x 4k footage into 30x zoom 1080p,
and with better codecs and dozens of other features.
But hey, you've got 20x zoom

That may be all well and good if you do nothing but shoot and then post it, but that’s not gonna do you any good if you’re using it in a live situation.

Upvote 0