In which country is the Canon EOS R3 the cheapest, and most expensive?

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
That is one of the most gorgeous b&w images I have ever seen! It's so beautiful and atmospheric.
That’s very kind of you Alan, many thanks. If you get down to London at all over the Xmas period it’s part of the exhibition in London Bridge station from 15th Nov to 22nd Jan, then it moves to Leeds. Not sure where it goes after that.

Upvote 0
Feb 28, 2013
I bought my Canon R6 at The Photography Show in September for a good discount with the RF 50mm f1.8 it was £ 2,199.00. After the show the same dealer was selling the body for £ 2,399 and the 50mm for £ 219 so £ 2,618. This was similar to the pricing of Panamoz but with full Canon UK warranties.
Where I see the true price gouging in the UK is the cost for a second battery. The LP6-NH battery is £ 114 which is daylight robbery.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I bought my Canon R6 at The Photography Show in September for a good discount with the RF 50mm f1.8 it was £ 2,199.00. After the show the same dealer was selling the body for £ 2,399 and the 50mm for £ 219 so £ 2,618. This was similar to the pricing of Panamoz but with full Canon UK warranties.
Where I see the true price gouging in the UK is the cost for a second battery. The LP6-NH battery is £ 114 which is daylight robbery.
It’s strange pricing. The R6 is relatively cheap here and there’s a cash back just started. Maybe I‘ll get one and sell some gear. The narrow lenses don‘t take full advantage of the higher resolution of the R5. Thanks for bringing it up.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Every one knows England (different from UK) is the best place in the world, that's why there are so much people from England to live in France ;)
And yet, as a Frenchman, I've always enjoyed my vacations in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, England.
In Ireland too, of course. Despite the sometimes inclement weather, main reason, I guess, why Britons usually choose Southern France.
And the best place in the world doesn't exist, the world just having too many "best places"...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Every one knows England (different from UK) is the best place in the world, that's why there are so much people from England to live in France ;)
Oh yeah, London is about the 10th largest French speaking city in the World, about the same as Bordeaux, Lille and Rennes so many French live here. Some claim it's the 6th, but best not to overstate.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
France has roughly the same population as the UK but twice the geographical area. England is becoming desperately crowded; I recon that that, along with the weather and much lower property prices in France are the reasons. That and the culture and people of course. Don't believe the guy who said if god had intended the English and French to get along he wouldn't have created the English Channel / La Manche.;)

Upvote 0
France has roughly the same population as the UK but twice the geographical area. England is becoming desperately crowded; I recon that that, along with the weather and much lower property prices in France are the reasons. That and the culture and people of course. Don't believe the guy who said if god had intended the English and French to get along he wouldn't have created the English Channel / La Manche.;)
The Channel is not English , is only the Channel ;) :) , hopefully there is the Channel between stupid "pre puber" Macron and idiot grown Borris :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Oh yeah, London is about the 10th largest French speaking city in the World, about the same as Bordeaux, Lille and Rennes so many French live here. Some claim it's the 6th, but best not to overstate.
that was probably the situation before Brexit, and London is certainly not the beautifullest place in UK, that's only for business ;)

Upvote 0
And yet, as a Frenchman, I've always enjoyed my vacations in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, England.
In Ireland too, of course. Despite the sometimes inclement weather, main reason, I guess, why Britons usually choose Southern France.
And the best place in the world doesn't exist, the world just having too many "best places"...
i'm saying about England, not UK ;) , it's really funny how overhere (Bretagne) people react, at first they see "english", but then if they discover you're from Scotland, Wales or Ireland, they welcome you, but if you still english, well, you still english for them...

Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
i'm saying about England, not UK ;) , it's really funny how overhere (Bretagne) people react, at first they see "english", but then if they discover you're from Scotland, Wales or Ireland, they welcome you, but if you still english, well, you still english for them...
My French-speaking (Walloon) Belgian friend once told me chauvinisme is a French word for good reason.

Upvote 0
You may be better at dickering than I am but I was astonished how hard it was to get the HK retailers down to even B&H prices, both for laptops and for cameras.

Best deals I was getting was a shop on Nathan Rd on the east side, I think across from the park.

Do you have a vendor you recommend there? Do you have tips for haggling?

I lived there around 2010-2012 so maybe things are different now.
I lived in China 2012-2014, so sounds like we had a small overlap.

Honestly, I didn't haggle much, but checked out the vendors in TST along Nathan Rd.

I bought the 300/2.8 from a vendor I no longer remember the name of, up near Mong Kok or maybe Sham Shui Po (found then on price.com.hk). They were up several floors in a building, you needed to buzz the door and take an elevator. They apparently were shipping a lot of lenses abroad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0