Raven by FusionTLC - New PocketWizard trigger

vjlex

EOS R5
Oct 15, 2011
Osaka, Japan
Raven by FusionTLC Trigger

I am curious what other's thoughts are on this new PocketWizard product. Because of the infrequency with which I use my lights, I have opted not to upgrade my Alienbees up to now. I have both PocketWizard and Godox triggers. I originally went with PW because of the AC9 units that let me adjust the power of my ABs remotely. But some of the other promises of the PW (the HyperSync capability in particular) have left me a bit soured on and disappointed by PW. I never could get their HyperSync feature to work. Add to that the poor support and lack of compatibility from camera to camera when it comes to Canon, I am very wary of investing more money in the PW system.

vjlex

EOS R5
Oct 15, 2011
Osaka, Japan
I bailed on PWs long ago. Use a ST-E10 (replaced the ST-E3-RT), some 600EX units, and optical triggering for PCB monolight.
Yeah, I haven't used my PWs in some time now, but haven't gotten rid of them. They really aren't what they used to be, but wanted to know if anyone tried out this new trigger. I'm curious if it delivers on the HyperSync promise that the FlexTT6 and AC-9 never delivered on. If they had some sort of money-back guarantee, I might consider trying it out.

Upvote 0