Search results

1. Y

Hiking Setup and Backpacks

I have tried many photo bags. Many! The downside of all was the missing carrying system. Now I have found a hiking backpack, which has a photo compartment: Jack Wolfskin Rucksack Acs Photo Pack Pro, 30 L. We have the same size backpack without photo compartment from Jack Wolfskin and both have...
  2. Y

The real problem with Canon sensor technology?

+1 Exactly my thoughts. The lenses have far more influence on IQ than the sensor. I cannot see anything close to the 24-70 2.8 II in the Sony lens lineup. Adapters are no alternative. There is no sense in switching to a smaller, lighter body, when using the old and heavy glass with adaters. The...
  3. Y

Adobe Unveils Milestone 2015 Creative Cloud Release

I tried the new dehaze slider in Camera Raw 9.1 (Photoshop CC 2015). It is really stunning!!! Unbelievable. I have to rework all of my Grand Canyon RAWs....
  4. Y

Advice for shooting Antelope Canyon

Hi i visited the upper and the lower canyon in 2012. unfortunately i could not get the photographers tour which i should have booked 4 weeks in advance. we felt like being on a catle drive through the canyon. there was a hurry all the time and it was very crowdy. no time and space for tripods. i...
  5. Y

Which lens is should I buy.

70-200 f4/L IS USM - light, great image quality and not too expensive, compared to the 2.8
  6. Y

Just got my first white lens!

+10
  7. Y

Havasupai Falls

+1
  8. Y

Buying my first white lens: 70-200 f2.8 IS II, 70-200 f4 IS or 70-300 f4-5.6L

I would recommend the 70-200 F/4 L IS. It is my favorite lens! It is light and sharp. Wonderful for travelling.
  9. Y

RAW or JPEG

only RAW. I use Adobe Camera Raw to convert my images to JPEG. ACR has very good options to adjust exposure settings, black, white, lights, shadows, etc. Photoshop I only use for <1% of my images.
  10. Y

More PS help with a image

This can be done in Camera Raw.
  11. Y

Recommend websites for lens reviews

there is a good German site http://www.traumflieger.de/objektivberater/index_canon.php with resolution charts / graphs. All lenses tested on 5D Mark II.
  12. Y

Best bag for hiking with a camera?

I also have the Lowepro Slingshot 202 which I really love. But this is nothing for long walks. So I also have the Lowepro Fastpack 350 which is similar but has two straps, good for a 20 Km hike im Yosemite with my 5D2, 17-40 and 70-200 f4 IS.
  13. Y

Canon 5D3 at airshow

Focal length: the longer the better. Exposure time: the shorter the better ~ 1/1000 sec. I used my 300 f/4 L IS with the 5DII
  14. Y

If You Could Have One 1 Lens...

24-70 ii
  15. Y

new lens advice

get the 17-40 for landscapes. The wide angle is crazy on FF. Very nice.
  16. Y

What would you do if you had $2000, a 5DII and no lenses?

get the new 24-70 ii
  17. Y

Canon 24-70 f2.8 II. How much AFMA does your copy need? What's acceptable?

No need to adjust. Good @ zero :)
  18. Y

What are the Hardware Specs for the machine you run Photoshop on?

dell xps 8100 intel core i5-750 (4 x 2,66 GHz) 8 GB RAM Win 7-64 Bit works pretty fine (batch conversion of RAW files)
  19. Y

If you could only have three lenses...

24-70 f/2.8L II 70-200 f/4L IS 300 f/4L IS