Search results

1. L

Is a Canon EOS R7 Mark II coming this year? [CR2]

My research shows the R6 came out in July 2020 the R6 II in Nov 2023, nearly 3.5 years later. Original 6D released Sept 2012, 6D II June 2016 (I believe the RP was considered the mirror less version of the 6D when it came out Feb 2019)
  2. L

Is a Canon EOS R7 Mark II coming this year? [CR2]

Pipe dream, way too early for a refresh. Initial 7D to 7D mk II was 6 years. 7D mk II to R7 another 6.5 years. Come back in Q3 2028.
  3. L

Patent: A new mirrorless camera body design with integrated grip with pass-through

Doesn't the sensor look small in the opening? APS-C? R7?
  4. L

Windows 10 Photo Viewer has started mangling the exposure on CR2 files

I'm seeing an, at least similar, issue with 50D raw files but not with 5D IV raw files using Photos on Win10. I don't use Photos so not sure when this started happening. Not sure what the diff is in the 2 raw files or how a codec/application should tell they are different and know how to...
  5. L

EOS R discounted Black Friday & beyond?

It will stay low for a while but it will go back up and not revisit these lows again. It seems like they drop the price really low to clear retailers shelves and their warehouse. Once that is done the price will go up and they'll have a few around for those that really want or need it. Those...
  6. L

Bad DxO experience

What about the person that bought 11 days too soon or the their friend that bought 12 days too early. Where should a company draw the line? Should they just give the bonus to you because you're special? Because you called in? Would that be fair to those that accept the rules and don't call...
  7. L

Import workflow question

I like to keep it simple. I use File Explorer to copy all the files off the card to a folder/folders on disk. I don't care how long this takes, I walk away. I may go say hi to my wife, get something to eat/drink or clean and put gear away. When I come back I go into either Fast Picture Viewer...
  8. L

When will we see another price drop on the Canon EOS R?

I doubt it. With the 7D II a few years ago they had really low Christmas prices, I think it was $1100, and then they bumped back up and stayed there. shortly afterwards I didn't see the 7DII alone, they all came with the wireless adapter. Recent rebates have only came down to $1400. I'm...
  9. L

Holiday Printer deals

Not sure what deal you're looking for, I don't follow what Canon does year to year. Canon USA currently has rebates on printers that run through end of year.
  10. L

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

Thanks for the recap. I didn't understand how this rumor had gotten/could get to 16 pages and now I don't have to go looking. o_O :rolleyes:
  11. L

An RF mount L macro lens will be announced alongside the high-megapixel EOS R camera

Not really. Though to be fair common usage has bastardized the term and even camera companies have for marketing purposes. Websters: Definition of macro- : large : on a large scale Something that is 1/2 it's original size is...
  12. L

Mirrorless viewfinders and wildlife photography

More fair comparison might be 1DX or at least a 5D IV with a grip. https://camerasize.com/compare/#812,655
  13. L

CAPTURE ONE PRO IS NOW SUBSCRIPTION BASED TOO.

Kind of an elitist, self-aggrandizing statement and post. You basically say you don't mind the plan, it's pro software for pros. Implication is that you are a pro and anyone that doesn't like subscription software is not, they are lesser than you. I'm not convinced that is true. I personally...
  14. L

Canon EOS 90D promotional video appears to have leaked

You passed right over Cryhavoc post (#46), which is most likely correct and took Tugela post (#47) to heart and now the sky is falling and Canon is doomed. I would read the / as an or. A/B is the same as A or B but saves 3 key strokes.
  15. L

Patent: IBIS appears in a Canon DSLR for the first time

I didn't know that Canon owned Pentax. Maybe the title was edited since your post.
  16. L

Will Canon Stopped Develop EF Lens Line Up?

I know how much Tony N is loved around here but he had an interesting take that I saw recently. Quick summary, as I understood/remember it, is the overall ILC market is shrinking so much faster than mirrorless is growing that the installed base of mirrorless cameras will not overtake the...
  17. L

Will Canon Stopped Develop EF Lens Line Up?

Well, maybe for you. That doesn't mean it applies for everyone. :rolleyes:
  18. L

Help decoding programmer speak please! (Reikan FoCal)

Camera FoCal AF Calibration FoCal Mode FoCal Controlled Mirror Lockup* Canon EOS-1D Mark III Supported Hands Free [?] No Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Supported Hands Free [?] No Maybe related to mirror lockup. You may need to look for a way to disable that during the tests or see if...
  19. L

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

Doesn't make sense to kill the 7D badge in favor of the n0D name. What happens after 90D, 100D is already taken, 91D? Doesn't make sense to kill an open ended name like 7D in favor of n0D which has nowhere to go. Might as well kill both now and move on.
  20. L

Patent: More diffractive optics super telephoto lenses

Zen master. I hope to attain your level some time. (Probably after I get a 600mm :))