Search results

1. B

Before you buy your next prime...

Folks, Before you buy you next prime lens, take a deep breath and watch this video. I've been lurking on this site for a while now and I must confess, I've been sucked into the lens acquiring vortex. I don't have a lot of lenses now, and I am not a pro, but I am at a point in my life where I...
  2. B

From Good to Great!

Ever see those posts about people complaining that they "have a bad copy" of a lens? Or have you bought a lens that everyone raves about but you are not quite as excited about your "copy"? AFMA! I'm a believer! Adjust your body to your lens. You might be pleasantly surprised :) I knew that...
  3. B

Ive/Newson designed Leica sold for $1.8 Million!

The "controversial" Product Red Leica designed by by Jonny Ive and Marc Newson sold for $1.8 Million last night! Proceeds go to the Product Red charity to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2013/null-n09014/lot.14.html
  4. B

Apple designer Jony Ive's custom charity Leica rangefinder revealed

What I wouldn't give... http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/10/08/apple-designer-jony-ives-custom-charity-leica-rangefinder-revealed
  5. B

Pairing 6D with Mac running OS X 10.8.2

Has anyone been able to pair their 6D with a mac running Mountain Lion over Wi-Fi? I can't seem to get it to work and this time, I actually read the manual. This isn't a must have for me, but I thought I would try it for fun. Now I'm just frustrated. I can't tell if the WFTPairing software is...
  6. B

Real world use of 6D, WiFi and iPhone for shooting

Decided to do a bit of experimenting with my new 6D and the EOS app on an iPhone 5. I set my camera up on a tripod out by the bird feeder then came inside to try to get some shots of some birds feeding. Caveat, I'm not one for reading instructions first so I jumped in assuming I would figure it...
  7. B

Please explain expanded ISO

Just got the 6D and love it however, I have never really understood expanded ISO. The fact that the word expanded is used to describe the feature implies to me that its not real. So, my question is, if I switch from ISO 100 to 50, what is happening in the camera? There isn't less noise in the...