Search results

1. 1

Zeiss Otus 28mm f1.4 vs Canon 35mm f1,4 L MK2 ???

Yes I know, I had at it and it is great ... Well I guess the only thing is Zeiss making up this incomparable Best Wide Angle Lens Ever for DSLR stuff made me expect some more than the real performance, which is still very good but that is expected for a 5k USD lens ...
  2. 1

Canon 11-24mm or not?

11-24 is way better corrected than the 16-35 at 16mm to 20mm while sharpness is about equal : http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=949&Camera=453&Sample=0&FLI=0&API=0&LensComp=977&CameraComp=453&SampleComp=0&FLIComp=3&APIComp=0...
  3. 1

Canon 11-24mm or not?

11-24mm is the best UWA in the Canon System ... Only reason not to use it, is you need f2.8, then you should go with the equally impressive Tamron 15-30mm ... Problem about defishing is that the rendered frame is extremely wide (somewhere like 140-180 Deg of view on the diagonal) and you...
  4. 1

Zeiss Otus 28mm f1.4 vs Canon 35mm f1,4 L MK2 ???

Does anyone own both lens and can compare them performance wise. On TDP the Canon 35mm f1.4 L MK2 seems to perform way better at f1.4 than the Zeiss...
  5. 1

Announcing The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II

Usually they are quite good at getting this stuff early at least to show it around even if getting it will take a lot more time. Don't know where you are going but the one at Osaka Umeda was especially nice.
  6. 1

Announcing The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II

Looks like a great "tool camera for sport pros, warzones and pro wildlife shooters" maybe even the best that ever was as it just does everything the 1dx 1dc did a bit better ... For ppl coming from the 5d3/5DsR direction I guess it is not what they wanted or expected as it is just not sth like a...
  7. 1

How to take award winning Pictures ... Nikon way ;-)

FB link: You should see this in real ;D ;D ;D so bad https://www.facebook.com/nikonsingapore/photos/a.168788309841996.46849.164385193615641/945585702162249/?type=1&theater
  8. 1

How do you get the sparkle in Jewelry?

http://www.mkdigitaldirect.com/tips/jewelry_photography_tips.html In this guide they suggest the use of Natural Light LEDs. I remember talking to guy who needed pictures of gold products. he also told me sth about special LED and light setups to get the right color of gold rings ...
  9. 1

How to take award winning Pictures ... Nikon way ;-)

http://petapixel.com/2016/01/29/nikon-awards-prize-to-badly-shopped-photo-hilarity-ensues/ ;D I wonder if the borders would NOT have been visible if the basic picture had less DR ...
  10. 1

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Specifications?

If the 1dxII ISO 51200 is as good as the 5DsR ISO 6400 that would be absolutely awesome 12800 and 25600 would be perfectly usable then. Maybe Canon starts to give usable ISO numbers and not technical ISO values with no real world application (basically everything above ISO 12800 on current...
  11. 1

3rd Party L-Brackets made in China reliable enough?

Why place a 4500-6500 USD lens and cam combo on sth. you have doubt if your max saving is about 120 USD ???
  12. 1

Zeiss 28mm f1.4 Otus APO-Distagon

This will be a spectacular lens for normalt to wide landscape/cityscape - looking forward to it.
  13. 1

Leica Announces Three New M Lenses

mmhhh regarding Leica's normal pricing they seem to make a full entry-level M system now... (these lenses and the M typ 262)
  14. 1

Phase One Announces 100MP Sony Co-Developed Medium Format Back

Well as you already need a quite high spec Mac Pro or PC to effectively work with these files I guess the 3-5k for some serious data storage (16-32 TB) should not be any problem ... One always needs to remember that the price of the P1 system is way higher than what they ask for the cam (lenses...
  15. 1

What stuff did you buy/sell in 2015?

Bought: 5DsR + RRS L braket 11-24mm f4.0 100-400mm IS II Ext 1.4 III Zeiss Otus 55mm Zeiss Otus 85mm some filters Sold: Nothing Plan for 2016/17: Zeiss Otus 28mm and Canon 24-70mm f2.8 IS if they make one Maybe 5D4 or 1DxII replacing my 5d MK III, if DR is significantly improved...
  16. 1

NISI Filter Solution for Canon 11-24mm f4.0 L ? Did someone try it yet ?

Since the new NiSi 180mm square filter solution for the 11-24mm f4.0 seems to be the only working solution on that lens to go as wide as 11mm without any vignetting (claim by Nisi !) I would like to know if there are already some opinions about this system ? As the whole thing is somehow quite...
  17. 1

5DS scores at DXO **now posted**

Re: 5DS scores at DXO still not posted 5 weeks only ? You are talking about France ;) ... even in Germany we get more ;) (28-30 working days is usual here)
  18. 1

Important: EU law to limit freedom of photography on the way

Re: This story is false and part of an anti-EU campaign However it still holds the problem that you as private person may not ever sell a picture (including prints) of cities bc. that is clearly commercial - even if the building is just minor part(e.g the skyline of London or Paris or...
  19. 1

Important: EU law to limit freedom of photography on the way

Re: This story is false and part of an anti-EU campaign Sorry but you do not realize that "works" refers to all architectural works as well - meaning every building constructed in the last 70 years which is not only an engineered construction but for which an architect made a design. It also...
  20. 1

5DS scores at DXO **now posted**

Re: 5DS scores at DXO still not posted I see scores for both ... 5Ds = 0 ; 5DsR = 0 ... seems legit ;) maybe they mounted the camera with the display side in direction to the test charts and did not realize yet ... ;D ;D