Search results

1. W

Meike launches the AF 85mm f/1.4 autofocus lens for the RF mount

Great, thanks Canon! We are looking forward to have more options for RF lenses.
  2. W

The Canon EOS R8 will be announced at CP+ in February

I hope R8 will be a replacement for M mount. For street photography, it is very helpful having a good and small camera that doesn’t catch too much attention.
  3. W

Canon will release a trio of RF mount wide angle L prime lenses in the first half of 2023

That’s exactly what I think, too. It is very frustrating how Canon isn’t allowing third party companies to make lenses with autofocus. The customers are really the losers here. I am seriously considering switching to Sony because of this.
  4. W

That’s all folks, for me anyway. Canon Rumors will live on.

Craig, thank you for your hard work and your dedication to Canon Rumors. God bless you and your family.
  5. W

Canon exec confirms that the EOS-1D X Mark III is Canon’s last DSLR

"Progress is impossible without change.” – George Bernard Shaw. This moment is sad but expected. This is just like Steve Jobs killing the floppy disk. Mirrorless is much better than DSRL, that is the way to go, without a doubt.
  6. W

New information about the upcoming Canon EOS R5C [CR3]

Hopefully it will have the same price as the R5.
  7. W

Canon EOS RP to cost $1599? [CR1]

I am buying one. :)
  8. W

Canon confirms 8K capable EOS R camera in development

Great news! Canon is on the right track.
  9. W

Canon EOS 6D Listed as Discontinued at Amazon UK

The Nikon D610 is dropping the price because is a cheap consumer camera. I returned my D600 due to dust and oil on the sensor and the D610 is just Nikon doing damage control. I bought a 6D and never looked back. I very happy with my Canon and the IQ of the 6D.
  10. W

5diii to 7dii?

You have the best camera already. Another vote for 5DIII.
  11. W

Canon 6D Review: 1+ Year Hands-On [video review]

Thanks for sharing. The pictures are awesome and the review is excellent. I also have a 6D for a year now and the IQ of the pictures are still amazing me.
  12. W

New Canon 5D Mark III

Congratulations on your new camera. The 5D Mark III is the best DSRL today.
  13. W

Crazy... go Nikon?

It seems that Nikon fanboys are now switching to Canon Rumors. I bought a D600 and I had to return it due to dust/oil on the sensor. I am not sure why you keep singing the praise of Nikon when the company has so many quality control issues. Just go to Nikon Rumors website and see how many...
  14. W

Finally!

Congratulations. It is an amazing lens.
  15. W

Review - EOS 6D By Gizmodo

The article is clearly biased. This is the Gizmodo review of the D600 video: "The video quality is sharp in broad daylight, but the quality falls apart in low light. Moire and rolling shutter distortions are evident. Inexplicably, you can't change the aperture of the lens in Live View mode."...
  16. W

Shooting With the EOS 6D Part 2: Costa Rica

+1 The 6D doesn’t feel cheap. Below is a link to a picture of the 6D body. It has Magnesium alloy body and the top cover is Polycarbonate. The top cover is not metal because of the WiFi/GPS communications. http://www.engadget.com/gallery/canon-eos-6d-hands-on/5290674/
  17. W

Are you really serious about 6D?

I am not sure what do you mean by "BETTER brand". I hope you are not saying Nikon because I had to return my D600 due to dust/oil on the sensor. I bought a 6D and it is amazing. I am not sure what is your point.
  18. W

Are you really serious about 6D?

I couldn't agree more with you. I also bought a 6D and it is amazing. The IQ is very impressive. This is a link to a picture of the 6D body. It was built solid. http://www.engadget.com/gallery/canon-eos-6d-hands-on/5290674/