Search results

1. ashmadux

The first SIGMA RF lens arrives in July, more in Q4 of 2024

settle in for disappointment.
  2. ashmadux

Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4L USM coming in Q4 as part of a "hybrid family" of L prime lenses

Lolol ... If they turn it into an L... This sounds so damn nutty they might actually do it. They simply do not want to make mid-range lenses unless it has something super unique. Is it so that they can ask their customers to walk around and tell people that their lenses are more special?
  3. ashmadux

Canon EOS R1 and EOS R5 Mark II marketing and training has begun with preferred retailers

The thieves and pickpockets are salivating, making their business plans. Seriously tho, Olympics related gear trucks as well and all those phototogs capturing the festivities are gonna be one hell of a target. I presume.
  4. ashmadux

Canon EOS R1 and EOS R5 Mark II marketing and training has begun with preferred retailers

Maybe its because the avalanche of lenses and bodies from other oems haven't left their marketing much room to breathe. Every other manufacturer is dropping (gear) like its hot. And they are getting tons of great press, load of high quality stuffs. It's been photog christmas wishes practically...
  5. ashmadux

Stock levels for the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM seem to be dwindling

For the love of thine camera gods, please yes :D
  6. ashmadux

Cosina officially announces the Voigtlander NOKTON RF 75mm f/1.5

I don't remember myself saying canon was doomed. I have an r5 ..why would I (or others) want canon to really fail? Frustration breeds discontent. It also doesn't even matter if someone feels that way, you simply cannot tell someone how to feel, especially when their favorite brand they depend...
  7. ashmadux

Options are good. Don't need to be a "market leader" to acknowledge that. Lol some trolls feelings will be hurt.
  8. ashmadux

Ill keep enjoying my r5+m50+m6ii (with SIGMA efm lenses! :cool:) , and planning to get a S5ii so I can enjoy sigma lenses and adapt other stuff, have some flexibility. Silly canon thinks locking in users their limited choices builds...brand value? It's so weird. I'm glad they finally stated it...
  9. ashmadux

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

LOL my thoughts exactly. Well done. Unfortunately with canon models that's NOT an r5 or above, what features will be cut/reduced/missing is still the main thing to watch. Hell, the r62 doesn't even have the save your settings feature, and it's a newer body. For 2k+ price tag, still no soup for...
  10. ashmadux

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

I don't see an issue either..I just don't care, thankfully. Otherwise it would look awfully desperate of canon to make that move imho. That said, if they did do it, FF is preferred, but with canon prices (before eventually reduction), whatever model they use better be crazy sexy to the vintage...
  11. ashmadux

Canon has discontinued the battery grip BG-R10 for the EOS R5, EOS R6 and EOS R6 Mark II

With both the r62 and the 5d, the one huge bugaboo for me is...vertical video shooting. There no record button on the grip...why? Because that wasn't the usage intent when it was designed. It likely just followed the tried and true formula (ie. no one needs vertical video...although everyone's...
  12. ashmadux

There are at least 3 more PowerZoom lenses coming [CR3]

Sounds like the current 70-200RF will become the 'cheaper' (but not cheap!) version to make way for that premium experience. Being that this canon, that's 3000/3200$ easy. Who needs a 50 1.4 update anyways o_O
  13. ashmadux

Canon is in deep talks with third-party lens manufacturers

What I'm confused by is how did you not know that wide open the EF 1.4 has issues. The lens is pretty much legendary at this point - and that's a known known so you didn't actually create any new information. Hell, mine didn't even like to focus on my 5D3 above 2.5. But since I pretty much...
  14. ashmadux

Canon is in deep talks with third-party lens manufacturers

Some folks mention that the amount has been out for a number of years, but there are some super duper chasm wide gaps especially with the mentioned 50 mm. Can an obviously doesn't want to make this land so just let a third party do it. They're probably thinking they're going to lose sales on...
  15. ashmadux

Opinion: This patent identifies my ongoing issue with Canon

Canon is the preferred platform. If that wasn't clear. I was interested in RFS to upgrade from the m62, but the joke is on RFS users..so ..nah.
  16. ashmadux

Canon Warranty Repair Issues and Problems: 1D X & 24-70 II

Then that's not my web page :) It's fine, just checked. The R5 AF has been working great, in direct contrast to the crap I had to deal with with that r62. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it...time to diversify? Maybe a panny s5ii 2 so i can have access to l-mount glass. Don't...
  17. ashmadux

Is a Canon EOS R7 Mark II coming this year? [CR2]

At this point it would take a miracle for me to buy a canon crop camera. RFS lenses are garbage, and the great m62 form factor is MIA. My m50/m62 will be in use with its SIGMA 30mm, EFM 22f2, and EFM 11-22 until the wheels fall off. Discontinued yet better than any of the crap they are selling...
  18. ashmadux

Canon Warranty Repair Issues and Problems: 1D X & 24-70 II

I'm taking a loss on a r62 with crap autofocus. Message received from warranty tech: "shoot portraits at 5.6 or narrower apertures" to achieve sharp eye focus. wat? I've sent so many products back to canon for lack of fixes, its not even funny. I used to keep a stack of boxes under my...
  19. ashmadux

Technical, anal ,corpo-hugging defense messages that don't do ANYTHING towards the topic- better lenses for RFS. It is 2024 and EFMs small selection is still has 2 orders of magnitude better lens selection. It's embarrassing. Canon is treating RFS users like beating sticks. RFS users are...
  20. ashmadux

This is one of those messages from someone who sounds silly but doesn't know it. Give us all a break. No one asked you about old EFS lenses, some of which are not even produced anymore. Im sure some of them arent even supported by canon. Lastly, have you looked at nikons crop lenses? Yeah...