Search results

1. samthefish

ETTL vs Manual for fill flash

I've been experimenting with off camera flash for fill flash in outdoor portraits and have been getting inconsistent results - wondering if anyone could share a workflow that works for them. My setup - 7D. 580exII, 2x430 exII. Have both a softbox and umbrella. What I've been trying is...
  2. samthefish

What should I expect with 7D + 70-200 IS II re: autofocus?

I'm relatively new to SLRs, starting with the t2i + kit lens several years ago and migrating to the 7D about a year ago. I've loved the 70-200 IS II for the same reasons as everyone. I love action photography but have found the camera misses autofocus on about half my shots when the subject is...
  3. samthefish

Anyone have a good explanation of "native" vs "expanded" iso?

When Canon describes the 1Dx as having "100 to 51200 native ISO (expandable to ISO 50-204800)" what does that really mean? Does "native" mean setting the sensitivity of the sensor itself and "expandable" mean setting it after the signal comes off of the sensor? I've googled around and haven't...
  4. samthefish

Advice re: 1.4x III extender

Lemme give you an idea of my equipment: 7D, 24-105 f4L, 17-55 2.8 (EF-s), 100mm IS Macro, 70-200 IS II, Sigma 10-22, 1.4x extender For every lens up until the 1.4x extender I've been happy with the sharpness so I've never messed with AF microadjustment. I recently bought the 1.4x extender to...