Search results

1. nightbreath

Too much dynamic range?

An interesting thought came to me before I went to bed. Below you'll find an assumption that came suddenly to my head, so please don't take it too seriously. So... Let's assume there are two cameras with similar color tones reproduction abilities, but with different possible lightness level...
  2. nightbreath

Polarizing filter in wedding photography

Hi everyone! My main area of concern is the image quality, the feel and look of shots I get out of my camera during wedding photoshooting. I was thinking a lot about possible improvements and a thought that is floating around for a while is to use polarizing filters to reduce harsh light...
  3. nightbreath

Are autofocus issues common for everyone? *UPDATED*

I have a Canon 7D and few lenses. The issue I’m experiencing for more than 2 years is related to autofocus with fast primes and can be replicated when camera is focusing at a non-contrast area. It doesn't matter what type of focusing / focusing point I use – I hear focus confirmation in the same...
  4. nightbreath

Canon 85L vs. 135 L in terms of focal length

I have a question related to different focal lengths and want to decide which one would work better for me. I'm planning to go full-frame this year and want to have better understanding of the difference between 85mm and 135mm focal lengths for portraits. I love fixed lenses and looked through...
  5. nightbreath

Canon 1D X High ISO shot preview

I've just spotted a short review of 1D X on YouTube where high ISO shot was shown on the camera screen. It's hard to tell the difference between the test shot and today's cameras performance, however if the image was taken at 204k ISO, it looks ok for me...
  6. nightbreath

Do I need a better camera or a better pair of hands?

I want to get out of my camera everything I can, but I feel that I cannot achieve level of few local photographers right now. I'm not sure whether the camera applies limitations or it is me who needs another way of thinking. I own 7D, use fixed lenses and some additional tools (flashes...