Search results

1. M

Canon EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R at HKIPP Chai Wan Day in Hong Kong

Stupid question... What's the 3 little bumps on the bottom left under the screen and that little circular thing next to them? Not familiar with that. Thanks, Matthew
  2. M

Do all Nikon shooters use Canon?

So, I saw this image and had to share it. Not sure if this is an old image or not.
  3. M

Spartans, What is your profession?

I'm a System Engineer for a large Healthcare organization in the midwest. I shoot weddings, senior, family, and private photo sessions as a limited part-time hobby.. for fun, I love shooting wildlife and landscape!
  4. M

APS-C 60mm or 100mm macro lens?

You may want to Consider the Tokina 100 f2.8 Macro. It is a super sharp lens. Runs about 380US.
  5. M

Coincidence or?? MP/SEC

The Digic 4 is only used for the focus system, not the transfer of data. From what I read. I could be wrong.
  6. M

Any Mirrorless Cameras used in the Super bowl?

Yes, I agree... I saw a Dumb play from the 1 yard line, a fight, and lots of white lenses. :)
  7. M

EOS 5D Mark III Replacement Talk [CR2]

So, will this be a Canon Sensor, or are they getting it from someone else? With all the rumors of looking at Med. Format, getting the best sensor, etc... I'm just wondering if they are making this sensor or if it's coming from another company? Thanks! Matthew
  8. M

Railway odds and ends...

I agree about some of the talent! I have tons of photos of graffiti and some even go as far as to not cover any of the actual cars info needed to identify the car.
  9. M

Sony is desperate, or think we are idiots?

Actually, they have purchased that land to build a Baseball Field... ;D
  10. M

ANOTHER ONE OF MY DIY, CHEAP LED RING LIGHT.

Surapon, I really enjoy reading some of the DYI stuff that gets posted. Great ideas! Keep them coming! Matthew
  11. M

Canon Confirms Development of High Megapixel Camera

Maybe the New EF Lens line will have the Rear lens further in the lens itself for use with a bigger (close to) Medium format sensor? The lens would still work on a FF the way an EF lens works on a APS-C body?? Just my 2 Cents Worth.. Will be interesting! Matthew
  12. M

Another EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II Mention

>>Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was OH no, Not Again! LOL
  13. M

Another EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II Mention

The way it sounds, I'm guessing they will have a slot in the hood to be able to use your fingers to rotate a ND or Polarizer. That would be nice. I thought about using a dremel and make slots in in my 70-200 hood to allow me to rotate a ND filter, but I thought it might ruin the use of the hood...
  14. M

Canon 7Dii vs Nikon D750 Dynamic Range Test

I still think you need to compare crop sensor to crop sensor. Not crop sensor to full frame. Proves nothing, except that full frame sensors have better DR. Unless I'm missing your point in all this? Fill me in?
  15. M

Canon 7Dii vs Nikon D750 Dynamic Range Test

Why are you comparing a Canon 7Dii Crop Sensor to a Nikon D750(sony) Full Frame Sensor?
  16. M

Hello Windows 10

Atleast they brought the start button back. I've been playing with it for awhile now and it's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Have not tried installing any photo software on it yet, as it's on a couple work computers, but I plan to try it this weekend to see if it runs and how well it runs.
  17. M

EOS 6D Mark II to Move Upmarket? [CR1]

Wonder if they will use the Foven (multi-layer) sensor in the new cameras like the 5Div and keep the current sensor for the 6DII? That might be the way they separate the features? Just jibbering.... :)
  18. M

Canon prevents me from buying the 7D Mark II

I would get the Windows 7 64-bit update for Vista. Windows 7 and Vista use the same kernal, they just made a few changes to the OS to make it run better and removed some of the junk that people didn't need or want. Most of the Vista drivers are the same as the windows 7 drivers. So, should be a...
  19. M

Dynamic Range - Try it for yourself, conclude for yourself: 5D III vs. A7r

You mentioned the UI and button layout. Also you mentioned how turned off you are about the EVF. How is the build quality? As compared to the 5DIII? Is it about the same, better, worse? I have a 6D on my list for landscape shooting, but with an EF adaptor, it's something to think about. Thanks...
  20. M

How do you say Nikon

I think it's pronounced So-knee-kon. :P That's just a guess.