Search results

1. W

Is the RF 100mm Macro really a 140mm lens?

I've never had a macro lens with a magnification greater than 1:1 so it occured to me that as the RF macro has a 1:1.4 magnification does this change it's focal length to that more resembling a 135? Just that I rarely use my 135L because it's such a tailored reach whereby the 100mm focal length...
  2. W

Anyway to lock to focus of an RF lens / Body?

Sup guys, I have a problem that maybe you can help with. I shoot weddings and when I do the dancefloor I run a combo of the 35 1.4 mkii and the EF 16-35 F4 IS. This question is about the 16-35 and it's bigger brother the RF 15-35 2.8 When I shoot a dancefloor I use strobes on camera and...
  3. W

Is there still an issue with image sharpness at around 1/100 with IBIS enabled?

I've been out of the loop but apparenlty there's shutter shock that can present itself at around this speed on the R5 and R6 and wondered if it's been fixed in firmware recently?
  4. W

For those moving from an R to the R6, thoughts?

I really like it, it's much better than the R. Things I would change EVF blackout in the R6 vs the EOS R's freeze frame / pause - The EOS R is better in that regard. EVF Update is slower on the R6 than the EOS R in scenes requiring higher ISO. Other than that, no negs that I can see so far.
  5. W

It looks as though they've cracked unlimited 8k on the R5

From what I'm reading elsewhere if you write to SD card and format the card as Fat as opposed to Exfat the R5 is forced to save the video in 4gb chunks which is just under a minute's worth of video. you lose the last minute of recording but the rest is saved as it's a 'force save'. Pull the...
  6. W

Question for those with the R5 already...

I've always taken issue with the top LCD display on the first version of the EOS R in that I don't like the black background / white lettering. It's just way harder for me to see. My question is, I've seen a few photos and videos around with it inverted back to a white background, with black...
  7. W

R5 User manuals are up....

Except for the English one, 938 pages long too. Hubba https://www.cameramanualpdf.com/2020/01/canon-eos-r5-user-manual.html
  8. W

What's your deal-breaker for the EOS Rs*

If this camera materialises it'll have to have some excellent Mraw or it's off. As someone who shot s dual 5DSr's for two years worth of wedding work it was fun, but the thought of the massive file sizes kills it for me in an era when you can't get a card bigger than 128gb in UHS-ii (I'm used to...
  9. W

F8 on a full frame sensor vs a crop (Hyperfocal question related to aperture)

So I currently shoot wedding dancefloors on the 5D4 with the 16-35mm attached at F8. As a result the focal distance at 1.5 metres giving me a hyperfocal distance from about .5 metres through to 4 metres. Sometimes I'd like more sensitivity without cranking the ISO so for those in the know, if I...
  10. W

Are RF lenses worth it at the moment?

So hear me out. I'm only talking from my own perspective right now but I'm not a fan of focus by wire, feel the lenses are way heavier than their EF counterparts even with the adapter and when comparing L lenses they're just as sharp on an R body other than the 50 1.2 On the subject of the RF50...
  11. W

If it still too early to request getting red AF points back now?

Just that I've been missing them since the 1DS3....
  12. W

I just did my Canon EOS R write up (for weddings)

Not a bad camera at all: https://www.chrisgilesphotography.com/canon-eos-r-review/canon-eos-r-camera-wedding-photography-review/?preview=true
  13. W

Can someone please point out the diference between LV shooting Modes 1,2 and disabled please?

As in the title, I've had a little banding due to LED's even when using anti flicker and am wondering if I should set it to disabled. (nothing to test it on here hence asking and also if it has any other benefits like shutter lag, evf lag and so on).
  14. W

How is everyone getting on with servo and face tracking?

I've been using the R alongside my 5D4 for a couple of weddings and feel I can't trust the servo modes and face tracking is a bit too random to be useful. How's it for you guys? Not saying the R is poor at this, but that it's prosumer level vs what I'd expect from a pro body.
  15. W

Specifications & Images of the Upcoming Canon Lenses

Ta daaa!
  16. W

Yeah, totally impressed with the 4k stills capability.

One happy 5D4 owner.
  17. W

Explain 5Div GPS to me

Because I set it to correct the time on my 5Div and a week on, both my clocks say different times.... (DST is set the same on each) - I was hoping I could trust it to sync all three body clocks to make ordering easier in Lightroom. It doesn't appear to be happening.
  18. W

5D4 Low light ability in live view better than the viewfinder?

Hi all, Just wanted to ask a quick one about low light af ability. If memory serves me correctly the cross points focus at F2.8 but anything faster, like a 1.2L lens won't assist focus even though more light reaches the sensor? If so, does this also translate to the dual pixel AF when in live...
  19. W

Dual Pixel Raw, how about using pixels further away?

As in, use the sensor in crop mode and pick the pixels further away from the lead ones?
  20. W

Edit: Ignore - Unbelievable? 5D4 dual pixel raw..

Edit - made a complete mistake :s https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promotion/12088/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv.html Scroll down to see an interactive refocusing thing where you can click on a point to refocus, we're talking a good two inches at least...which I find difficult to believe? (Caution...