Search results

1. N

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

It looks more and more like my 1DX Mark III, which I love! :)
  2. N

More features coming to Canon EOS R5 in future firmware [CR2]

Well, I disabled the "Smart Controller" on my 1DX Mark III because it's not that smart. I use back-button AF and when I had the smart controller enabled, instead of starting the AF it would randomly move the AF point, even when set on its lowest sensitivity.
  3. N

Photoshop/CameraRaw weirdness with R3.

OK, but according to your screenshot you're working in 32-bit in Photoshop. You could adjust the brightness as much as you'd want in that mode. Was it on purpose or is this how you usually work?
  4. N

In need for a raptor identification

The three guys I saw were giving some hard time to a squirrel but the squirrel got away...for now :)
  5. N

Thanks Eli! That amazing app easily id-ed the bird either by providing the three primary colors, details about what the bird was doing and the size or by providing a photo of the bird. Easy-peasy! :)
  6. N

I believe you’re right. It’s an immature Cooper’s Hawk. Mistery solved! :) Thanks guys for taking the time to look it up.
  7. N

I think I'll answer my own question :) My online research shows this might be a Red-tailed hawk...but again, I might also be wrong. I attached another photo, taken after the sun was higher up the sky.
  8. N

Hello, Can anyone confirm (or not) if this is a Broad-winged Hawk? I took the picture in Calgary, in Carburn Park, last weekend. Thanks!
  9. N

Comment by 'Nelu' in media 'Up, Up and Away'

Perfectly timed photo and gorgeous colors!
  10. N

R5 Firmware 1.5.2 is out

I took 42 shots of my son walking towards me, in a backlit environment, with eye detection set for People. Of those, 4 were grossly out of focus but I think that was my fault. The rest were all in focus. The shooting distance varied from about 5m to 3m and I used the RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L IS...
  11. N

Canon USA teases the Canon EOS R5c announcement

...in the right hands :)
  12. N

Dynamic range testing of the Canon EOS R3 is complete

"The dynamic range is pretty comparable to the Canon EOS R5." So, a 24MP sensor has pretty much the same dynamic range as a 45MP sensor. Good job, R5! :)
  13. N

It looks like there is an R5 firmware version 1.50 on the way.

...and to fix swahili menus , in good old Canon tradition :)
  14. N

Patent: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2.8, with focus on a compact design

:) I think you didn’t pay attention to what I wrote. This lens is the 28-70mm F2.8 and I question it’s point when the 24-70mm F2.8 is already available.
  15. N

Patent: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2.8, with focus on a compact design

Am I missing something here? Why would you need an RF 28-70mm f/2.8L when the RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS is already available?
  16. N

What’s next for the Canon Cinema EOS line

You know, this is actually funny. Here is a post 100% about video features and in three days there are 50 comments. When the R5 came out you’d see a new article about it and 300 comments following, quite a few of them complaining about variouts video features some folks didn’t like…What gives ?
  17. N

Firmware: Canon releases v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R5

The R5 still does single frames, you know?
  18. N

Patent: Is Canon planning to release catadioptric (mirror) super telephoto lenses?

Yeah, it works pretty well for this social distancing thing...:)
  19. N

Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

??? Yes, it will have a mount...
  20. N

The Canon EOS R5 scores Canon’s best sensor score at DxO

That is weird; is it on Windows or Mac? I mostly use it on the Mac side and I've never had any problems, except for the fact that rendering the 100% preview can be really slow. It never crashed though...