Search results

1. N

another...would you?

Hi, currently I don't have any lens reaching above 200mm (unless I use a non-canon 2x converter on the MDP). I have been considering the Sigma 150-500mm or even the Tamron 150-600mm To fund either purchase, either the Ts-e 90mm (choice #1 to sell) or the Zeiss T18mm will be sacrificed :'( as...
  2. N

need help deciding:To canon or not to canon

Going nuts here with choosing a compact digital to replace current lumix lx3...and need some help with so many options available. What I am looking for: lens - prefer zoom at least 24mm to 100mm or so, f/2 or less, but 2.8 would do ( I like WA and UWA, but rather not to play with...
  3. N

Canon USA website & product reviews - Canon S-120

So much for allowing fair and honest reviews of their products... Yes, it's a rant :o I got a new Canon S120 for my wife, and after a few outings with it, I summarized my impressions along with her feedback about it. Well, it did not pleased Canon very much, as they refused my comments...
  4. N

Tripod with swivel arm

Hi, looking for suggestions regadingr a medium size tripod, that allows center post to be rotated/multi-positioned. I know that there are more than one brand, but all are great according to manufacturer ::) I am using a full frame DSLR, and some of my lenses are heavy - but not telephoto...
  5. N

lens scratch - worth to keep or return?

Hi, I am evaluating a lens (Zeiss wide angle)canon mount. Do you thing the swirl scratch is an issue for lens value? it is small enough, to make me believe will never show up in a picture, but at this moment, cannot take a shot with with sun glare, and verify that Please see pic and comment -...
  6. N

last call for vacation lenses

I got tons of good answers before, but meanwhile I added the sayang 14mm to the pack. Now, is no question it has to come along, along with the 80-200 2.8L. That leaves a big gap in between, and I have no choice to carry a third lens for my vacation in Nepal. So in sum: CONFIRMED - Samyang 14mm...
  7. N

Nepal/Tibet hiking with DSLR and lens - vacation feedback wanted

I know that they other websites geared towards travel, but what I am looking for is feedack from people that have been there with more than just a pocket P&S camera. Planning got there this late summer, for a 18 or 21 day trek. If you have been there and took your DSLR with you, which lenses did...
  8. N

Bower 14mm weird behavior ---SOLVED !!!!

So finally I got my hands on a bower 14mm, in preparation to a Canon ef 14mmL II loaner trial. Sure I was aware that focus and aperture are manual, BUT as I switched the aperture ring back and forth,from 2.8 to 22, no light change did happen. I tried a few times, and nothing, till I gave the...
  9. N

Canon and lens calibration

How come Canon does allow for lens calibration in some camera models, and yet does not supply any sort of software or technicalsupport for such? Do they rather have people keep on sending lenses back and forth with those silly complaints about being not sharp/focusing well, etc? Why are they...
  10. N

canon factory cleaning costs

Anyone knows what is the average costs for a lens or camera body, clean and/or check service? trying to determine if their CPL memberships are anything worth: the gold member offers two free check and clean - body or lens - and costs $100 per year
  11. N

fill the void -17mm to 24mm

So, I am considering selling my 17-40mm f4L from Canon. I have already the 15mm fish eye and the Ts-e 24mm mk2. Love the wide angle lenses, but the 15mm distorts things too much, and the 24 is not wide enough sometimes. What would you suggest to fill the gap in between? yes, needs to be a prime...
  12. N

Upgrade to a 5Dmk2 or TS-e lens?

Hi, I have a canon 5D mk1 and happy with except when it comes to lack of live view and the LCD quality. Mostly I shoot landscapes, but I like macro, or close-up nature details i.e. leafs with dew, mushrooms, detail on trees, flowers... Right now, I have a 15mm 2.8, a 17-40mm 4l, a 35mm 1.4L...