Search results

1. swampler

More information about the Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM

Available for preorder on B&H now. Assume it is on others as well, but haven't looked elsewhere.
  2. swampler

2x Extenders - Sticking Lock Switch

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone ever find a solution for this? My 2x v III is sticking and I have to wiggle/push the release button to make it lock securely. I'm just lucky I found it was loose before dropping my lens or body.
  3. swampler

Is This The Canon EOS M5 Pricing? [CR1]

I was hoping for pricing to be closer to the current M3 pricing. Not sure it's worth that much to me. :(
  4. swampler

Canon 7D Mark II firmware 1.1.0 Available

The updated firmware is on USA Canon's web page as of now. https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/dslr/eos-7d-mark-ii/
  5. swampler

Anything Shot with a 7D MII

Thanks!
  6. swampler

Here's one I shot yesterday of my daughter acting silly. Turned out to be my favorite of the day.
  7. swampler

buying suggestion: a 5D3 or 1Dx?

The 5D3 sounds ideal for your needs. The only question might be whether the extra stop of ISO the 1Dx gives you would be needed or not?
  8. swampler

5D III Playback Card keeps changing

I just don't close the card door until the images finish copying and the card has been reinserted. Or, if the battery has been removed for charging, then you can choose the for without it changing.
  9. swampler

Canon 7D Mark II - Finally using Canon's newer fab?

DR may not have improved at base ISO, but it has improved at higher ISOs where most sports and wildlife shots take place (high shutter speed and low light). Improvements where it's needed.
  10. swampler

Here's a few from Saturday. Day game with the 100-400 L.
  11. swampler

7D Mk II Availability Question

The manual is online and I don't imagine it's going to be that much different from any other Canon camera, except maybe AF and those settings are already on the newer bodies.
  12. swampler

7D Mk II Availability Question

Personally, I'd like to get it for a Friday night game. I have it pre ordered and aren't confident it will be here that quick. I'd say your best bet, since you waited so long, would be to find it local and pick it up in store because there already a lot of people in line ahead of you. Good luck.
  13. swampler

Does it matter anymore who makes the sensors?

No, not the same situation at all. Canon has to compete with Nikon, Sony, and the others. The other companies are what give Canon their incentive to innovate.
  14. swampler

Does it matter anymore who makes the sensors?

No, it isn't nonsense. If there is only ONE sensor supplier, then you either pay what the supplier wants or you don't get their sensor, then you have no product. It would in reality simply raise prices for the end user.
  15. swampler

THE DELICATE ARCH, THE BEST/ BEAUTIFUL STONE ARCH IN THIS WORLD

Nice shooting and what a load to carry! We didn't take the long hike out to Delicate Arch, but saw it from the shorter view point. It looks much larger from where you were!
  16. swampler

How long a Monopod should be

Get it long enough to be standing comfortably plus some in case you ever shoot from a hill or steps where the monopod's foot rests below your feet.
  17. swampler

Deal: Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 $299

Normally I would agree, but from what I've seen of this lenses performance, it isn't worth the extra $2k for AF and a red stripe. For me, that makes the difference between having uwa and not.
  18. swampler

Deal: Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 $299

Is this the umc version? The picture shows umc, but nothing in the description says it's the new version.
  19. swampler

Help needed: 24-105 f4 L softness and very stiff lens hood mount

Haven't shot pictures of money with my 24-105 f/4L, but I find it very sharp for my college mugshots I do. Canon EOS 5D Mark III ISO 320, 1/160, f/9 at 105 mm
  20. swampler

An EOS Canon Medium Format System [CR1]

I think they need a different abbreviation from MF considering other meaning it might have. ::)