Search results

1. A

Using a crop lens on 1DX Mark II for 4K UHD Video? Would it work?

Can report on the 18-80 cine lense which is fantasic for c200. It does not work any good on my 1dx2. its S35 (1,5 crop) and 1dx2 is 1,3 or 1,4- for the longest end work a little bit, but for shorter mm it a lot of vingnetting. In practice useless.
  2. A

Just starting with video on a 5D3

5d3 is not good for video, the image is soft. 5d4 and 1dx2 on 4K is good, but big files.
  3. A

What happens to Big Whites when Mirrorless Takes Over?

Lets see how the A9 handles the big whites.
  4. A

Comparing 1DX2 vs 5D4 video "reach" at high ISO

Have you Ever filmed with that long mm, it will easily be too shaky.
  5. A

Canon 1DXmkII 4K Video jello.

It depends if your on windows or Mac. I have experience of Premiere and FCPX on Mac. Nowadays I strongly recommend FCPX as render faster and when you get used to the magnetic timeline you will be editing faster as well. Better and more intuitive program. Its now getting used more and more in...
  6. A

1DX II 1080p @120fps real resolution issue.

I have the 1dx2 and its excellent at 4k60p video, better then my Sony's. What I found, shoot 4k60p, then you can run it at 50% speed without any frame blending. However using "optical flow" in FCPX at 25% it gives better quality then the 100-120frame 1080. So I would say - forget the 100 or...
  7. A

Some 1DX m2 video experience

Here is my lastest test of 1dx2.... https://vimeo.com/185083436
  8. A

Some help needed - 1dx mkII or 5dMkIV

If you want to use video in combination with stills, it get unpractical with the 5d4 as there is a crop factor approx 1,7 which means you get different perspectives. And of course you get the 4k60 with less rolling shutter. if still is the top priority I guess 5d4 will do. Personally I have the...
  9. A

Some 1DX m2 video experience

regarding the dynamic range: That my impression as well, in my test with clog from EOSHD and james Miller, I get the same dynamic range, so this is only useful for some grading if you want to change the look. Probably best to use Neutral as you said. Think a lot of people are "cheeted"
  10. A

Can you tell the difference between 5D footage and others?

Yes, I can - if you shoot e.g. a scene with small aperture so that all is in focus, the Canon will be much softer then Sony for object that are far away. These scenes where the background was sharp must be shoot with Sony.
  11. A

1DX mark II 4K framegrabs, Technicolor Cinestyle log-profile

It comes in a form of picture style which you download to the camera via the EOS Utility. It actually a S-curve that compress high light and shadows - so a scene with large dynamic range can fit into the dynamic range of the sensor. then in post you have to revert it to normal look, either a LUT...
  12. A

DPReview article: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV rolling shutter test

Re: 5D4 Rolling Shutter? It well documented on the internet RS of Sony cameras. One can measure it in ms the delay between top and bottom of the frame, cause by read out speed of the sensor. It is an issue when you pan, the video looks strange. I just bought the 1dx2 which has less then 5d4. By...
  13. A

1dc 2

4K HDMI is of limited value for 1dx2 and 5D4, Prores files are only ca 10-15 % smaller then MJpeg inside Canon. mjpeg is 4:4:2 already on the CFast card. To earn something you need 4:4:4 hdmi output which is difficult due to speed. Only advantage is longer then 30 min recordings. My atoms is a...
  14. A

C Log for 1DX MkII

James Miller were to late. Andrew at EOSHD released his yesterday.
  15. A

1DX mark II 4K framegrabs, Technicolor Cinestyle log-profile

Go to EOSHD - he has made a new log profile for all Canon camras
  16. A

Urgent - canon 1dx mark II. 4k files stutter

A High END Macbook Pro or IMac will easily play back clips from 1dc as I have tested. Fcpx is faster rendering then Premiere (premiere may recently be updated to use Metal which will make it faster). Its risky to think you can edit 4K on a older Mac.
  17. A

My hands on with the 1DXII

The benchmark for low light is the A7s2, that can work up to iso 50000.
  18. A

What Do You Want To See in the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV?

This camra is called Sony A7R2 more or less. You would not get it in the next iteration from Canon.
  19. A

After the A7RII, What does the 5D4/X need to have?

I have both 5D3 and A7R ii. Where did you learn that 5D3 is better in ISO, then A7R ii ?