Search results

1. RonQ

Should I buy the 5D mark III ?

I have both, I use my MK3 as a primary and my MK2 as my second for weddings and event photography. In low light the MK3 locks on really fast and even with ISO set at 3200, I see very little grain in the photos. I would say it depends on what you're using it for..... There is s learning curve...
  2. RonQ

Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash & PocketWizard

Got it neuroanatomist! So I would need to buy an additional set of PW's, a Mini TT1 on camera body and a Flex TT5 on the 600EX-RT?? Also, one other question, will the PLUS III do the same thing?
  3. RonQ

Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT Flash & PocketWizard

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advise and assistance... I have a 5D2 & 5D3 with 1 580EX2 Flash. I'm using the flash with a set of 1 Mini TT1 & Flex TT5 on either body. I'm looking to purchase a new 600EX-RT however, I'm not sure if I just need to buy 1 Mini TT1 or both the Mini TT1 and Flex...
  4. RonQ

Lightroom 4.2 update

I thought so too. I run my software on a SSD and all my files are on 3 other internal drives, running 16GB ram with an i7 quad core processor. So I know it's not PC performance, everything else in LR runs very fast except the develop module.
  5. RonQ

Lightroom 4.2 update

So last night I upgraded to LR4.2 and as before the issue is in the develop module, everytime I attempt to use a brush, the lagging is driving me nuts. It's gotten worse with the upgrade, not sure if I'm missing something... But I'm tempted to go back to 4.0!
  6. RonQ

5D2 & Strobe Light Question

I found this type of packing material. Took it with my iPhone, is this what you are reffering to?
  7. RonQ

Use the Flash WB preset. I still use some novatron flashes from 2003 and they've been quite reliable. Does it hit the WB everytime? My Novatron is 10 years old and still kicken. If you're interested, I found a guy in TX that will repair any Novatron equipment, he was actually an engineer for...
  8. RonQ

Thanks for the feedback. You would not happen to have a step by step using either a grey card or white piece paper? I'm not familiar with setting the WB that way... For the 90mm TS lens, I'm shooting products (high end dinner plates and silverware). They want the image to be sharp only in...
  9. RonQ

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can give me some direction on what mode to set the white balance to when shooting with a 3 light strobe set-up? I typically leave it on auto WB and tweak it in post production; however, this time I'll have the editor, stylist, and publisher of the magazine at the...
  10. RonQ

Best Lens for Tabletop Dinnerware Shoot

Even if I use a 3 light softbox set-up?
  11. RonQ

Best Lens for Tabletop Dinnerware Shoot

Hi everyone, I'm wondering what other photographers are using when shooting products? I've been hired by a magazine to shoot high end dinnerware, silverware products and I'm not sure is using a TS-E 90mm 2.8 or 100mm 2.8 macro would be best? This will be shot indoors on a large table; the...
  12. RonQ

where to sell canon gear, I'm moving to Nikon

If still available, I'm interested in 1 580 and 85. Email me and let me know your price??
  13. RonQ

Lightroom 4.1 Running SLOW!

I had that set-up on my i5 before this machine and was running LR3.6 same issue. Actually, I have a program that monitors RAM called ballisticks utility, I have seen LR consume around 12+GB of RAM when processing. Plus I have CS5 master collection and having PS, DW, and LR open I need the RAM...
  14. RonQ

Lightroom 4.1 Running SLOW!

I purchased a new I7 quad core, 3.6GHZ, and loaded 32 GB Crucial Ram. I have 3 HD's, first is a 560 GB SSD to run programs, 2nd 1TB to hold all cache and catalogs, 3rd 2TB to finalize my photos and storage. Even with this set-up and when running LR 4.1 it still lags A LOT......... I think no...
  15. RonQ

Best Product Lens

Thank you guys for the information. I'm leaning more towards the TS-90mm that I can rent for the day from my local rental shop. PWP, you indicate that the 90's sweet spot is at f9 what type of light do you use? If I use speedlites, how far from the product should it be set-up? Also, umbrella...
  16. RonQ

Best Product Lens

Hey Guys, I normally shoot events for a magazine I've been with for a couple of years; however, I was just asked to shoot 2 different products. One shoot is for high end Tea and the other is for high end dinner ware all indoors. The focus will be on each of the product and this editor is a...
  17. RonQ

5DMKIII Street Date?

Wish I can afford a MK3, just bought a new MK2 this past January
  18. RonQ

buy 7D now or 5D Mark II later?

With the upcoming announcement of the 5D3 (god knows at what price). See http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/02/5d-mark-iiix-information-cr1/ I don't see the 5D2 price dropping. Look at the current prices on the market now, cheapest one is at $2,156. If you need it, get it now.
  19. RonQ

5D MK2 - Price

I ended up buying the camera body only! Paid $2175 for it. Jamesy, I would jump on it. I don't think we'll see the MK3 available until 3rd or 4th quarter of this year. Can you wait that long......