Search results

1. S

Don’t expect any third-party autofocus lenses in the near future

Lets me know that I can go ahead and spend money on more EF glass from high quality vendors like Sigma and not wait for them to come out with the RF versions. I have no problems with using the EF/RF adapter and lenses.
  2. S

Canon USA officially responds to concerns about shipping delays of the Canon EOS R5

My local store has not received their shipment yet. They are the major pro dealer for a large city. They are looking into it. I have boutght several bodies from them on the first day of release in the past. Its unusual.
  3. S

Save on SanDisk Extreme PRO CFexpress Cards

I have a local camera store that I have a relationship with. Back in about Feb., when I felt the specs were solid and that it was coming for sure, I asked them to put my name on their list for it. I am guessing that I am either the first or second on that list at this point. They are a major...
  4. S

Thanks! I see September as the expected new timeframe for Prime Day. My demand for high end fast cards depends on fall HS sports and whether they happen or not. It will be interesting to see the throughput I get on just a high end SD card too in the short run which I already have but just a...
  5. S

Since they aren't supposed to be shipping till the end of July in limited quantities and since they also have an SD card slot to get you by in a pinch, I am personally waiting for Prime day. Looking at a 256GB card for the CFExpress. I would bet the Sandisk specials will be the same if not...
  6. S

Major Canon announcements coming in June & July [CR3]

I just don't see any rational for the continued announcement delay. The features are now set. I'm sure the pricing is set. We understand availability will be limited initially. That's not a huge issue. New product has been limited in availability before and with the virus we would be even more...
  7. S

5Ghz wifi capabilities confirmed for the Canon EOS R5

I was thinking the same thing for selling all my bodies. This is the one!
  8. S

Canon Launches New Camera Cloud Platform – image.canon

You have great points in the rest of this piece. The idea of uploading images as I go throughout shooting a wedding or event sounds quite nice. I had the same problem with GPS until I finally read you could configure it to check GPS at longer intervals. I have mine set at once every 5 minutes...
  9. S

No new EOS R body shipping in 2019 [CR2]

FYI, I now have a Canon 1DX mkII, 5DmkIV, 6DmkII, Eos R, 5DmkIII and a 77D. So its really kind of funny that you think I am a Sony Type. I am just a realist and am aware of other brands and how they are doing. 5 yrs ago, Sony was a nothing in the full frame arena. Now they are a major player...
  10. S

Which they have addressed already with the RP and the R
  11. S

I never said that Canon wasn't doing well. The term hemorrhaging means bleeding. There is no disputing Sony has become a big player. I am buying a used 1DX mkII shortly from someone going over to Sony. One of my shooting partners has swapped to Sony. They have serious momentum and some damn good...
  12. S

I 100% agree. Where is the money in our industry? Generally, its weddings. Certainly I make a lot of money in other areas too but it is one of the tops in general. When you make serious money in area, spending $3.5k on a body is not a huge issue if it brings a lot to the table. Personally, i...
  13. S

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

I very much agree with you and its why I believe a pro body (5dmkIV) is coming far sooner than most people are anticipating. I'm guessing fall at the latest. It doesn't make sense otherwise. The rumor road map has been very inaccurate lately until shortly before the actual introduction of new...
  14. S

Thoughts on the Canon EOS R roadmap

Personally I expect a mirrorless rebel in the next few months to fulfill that very important price level as mentioned in the article and a full frame mirrorless more akin to the 5DmkIV with IBS and a higher frame rate/servo by Summer. I don't know how many mkIVs they sell now but I am guessing...
  15. S

Thoughts on the Canon EOS R roadmap

Hate to say it, but it makes cents. ;-)
  16. S

We were wrong, all of your Canon mirrorless dreams are likely coming true soon

Everything you list above can easily be done with a crop camera except of course the second item with access to a FF sensor. Before I got into photography, I thought amateurs were nuts to buy expensive cameras honestly. I am on far more of a tight budget than you and the cost of a new 5DmIII is...
  17. S

Canon’s Official Full Frame Mirrorless Announcement Will Come After Photokina [CR2]

I personally believe that even if they only have a concept camera and are not shipping for months, they will make some announcement at Photkina about a full frame mirrorless. Simply because they have people jumping ship all the time these days and they would be seen by the public as a tech...
  18. S

Great News: DXO To Release New Nik Collection Software in 2018

Thank you for picking this up and running with it! I hope you do some serious volume when this update is released!
  19. S

Lightroom 7 rumor

I certainly want those performance improvements. I have done as much as I can really on my end with a lot of the same things the source did from fast ram and lots of it to the SSD to of course a blazing CPU. It does help of course and make it somewhat workable. My other wish is that they would...
  20. S

In search of an remote trigger for 5D Mark IV

This is obvious to me but why aren't you using the built in wireless and Canon Connect App. It works great for remote control and firing. I know that you can also tether and control from a laptop. What do you not have access to there that you need? That said, I have no idea if time lapse is...