Search results

1. H

Canon announces the VIXIA HF G50 4K UHD Video Camcorder

These aren't budget camcorders. I own a Vixia HF G20 and it's an absolute workhorse. Great IQ even in low-light.
  2. H

A New EF 70-200mm is Coming in 2018 [CR3]

The Mk II does very well on the 5DS/R. I tested it here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1376130
  3. H

A New EF 70-200mm is Coming in 2018 [CR3]

It is indeed very sharp but the newest version from Nikon indicates it can be sharper still, especially in mid-frame and edges of the frame. Here's a comparison Roger did at Lens Rentals: https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2016/11/nikon-70-200mm-f2-8e-fl-ed-af-s-vr-mtf-tests/
  4. H

Why I Switched from Sony to Canon by Armando Ferreira

So we should rely on your sample size of one? I stream 4K vlogs every day off YouTube.
  5. H

4K streaming requires 15-25 Mbps/sec. According to the FCC's most recent Broadband Progress Report, 37% of Americans have active broadband internet connections of 25Mbps or more. Here's the breakdown by state - states with an asterisk do not report the information: Alabama 25% Alaska 3% Arizona...
  6. H

Why wouldn't Sony add a touchscreen to the next A7s? They've added it in every other of their MILC model refreshes.
  7. H

Sony hasn't added PDAF to their A7s line yet - it's expected in the next iteration, probably announced in a few months at NAB. Here's how it compares to Canon's dual pixel AF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_6HRmxKa9g
  8. H

Crop Factor Change for 4K on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Included in Coming Update & More

Re: HiCrop Factor Change for 4K on Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Included in Coming Update & More There are two separate considerations here - getting the heat off the chips (sensor, ASIC/DIGIG) and getting the heat out of the camera. The primary consideration is to get the heat off the chips (since...
  9. H

Nikon Cancels Their Unreleased Line of High End Compacts

Sony built their entire camera business around the this list and they're doing well. This is Nikon-specific mismanagement.
  10. H

Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $2899 (Reg $3499)

Re: Cyber Monday: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $2899 (Reg $3499) The Mark III was a huge upgrade in AF capability though. Dual-pixel on the IV is a big upgrade as well but not for general photography since the IV doesn't use it outside of LV.
  11. H

5D4 Sensor Defect Discovered

This isn't an uncommon issue, although the degree to which it affects the image can vary. I just tried it on my Nikon D7200 (Toshiba APS-C sensor with one of the highest DR available today) and see similar blooming affects. Here's a full size image, shot raw and pushed +5EV in LR CC...
  12. H

More Canon EOS M5 Images & Specifications

Looks like a Wi-Fi toggle.
  13. H

More Canon EOS M5 Images & Specifications

Nikon implemented viewfinder touch AF on the D5500, the feature where you're able to set the AF point while looking through the viewfinder by touching the rear LCD. Here's a video demonstrating it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xssPVyu1wqY#t=30s
  14. H

Canon Looking to Acquire Imaging Companies for Growth? [CR2]

I would venture to guess that Canon's interest in Sigma is more about taking out a competitor that is offering great lenses at low prices rather than to get Sigma's technology or manufacturing/labor resources.
  15. H

Lights L16 Camera Packs DSLR Quality and Capability Into a Pocket-Sized Device

The folded optics aspect is very cool.
  16. H

Initial Resolution Tests are in on the EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R

See circled forum header:
  17. H

EOS 5D Mark IV To Use EOS C300 Mark II Technology? [CR2]

Is the 5DM4 rumor of dual-ISO readout for video or stills or both?
  18. H

New York Times Exposes Peter Lik Photography Scheme

When that Lik photo came out we had a mini-contest on FM for the most ridiculous compositing image. Here was my entry - I call it "Moon over Vegas":
  19. H

Canon 5D Mark III with Canon 24-70 f2.8L II Sharpness

Can you share a list of the many users who have had problems with it? I'm always interested in feedback and troubleshooting any problems people have had with it.
  20. H

New Rebel & EF 11-24 f/4L USM Coming Shortly

Re: New Rebel & EF 11-24 f/4L USM Coming Shortly I read. An 11mm f/2.8 would be preferable to a 11mm f/4 for astro, or astro nightscapes if that term is more agreeable.